A poor man and a Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well done chaps. As a student inter-railing around Europe I lived on £7 all in per day including accomodation - we stretched it by sleeping on trains/in stations/woods many nights. Good to know that travelling can get cheaper :smile:

DeepBurn

Über Member
Andy, your journey is inspiring.

I have driven your outlined route (though finishing at Barcelona not going to Portugal) and it was a great road trip through some of the most stunning landscape I've ever seen (The Swiss Alps in particluar) - all over in 4 days though!

I would love to do it all again on a bike to really take in just how amazing some places in this world are. Also the Mountains of Northern Spain are a place I'd love to visit.

Keep posting the pics on facebook!

OP
OP
andy_spacey

andy_spacey

Über Member
@Deep blue. Thanks for joining the group and checking the pics. I have some great pics and vids to post. I went to the Pilgrims mass today in the Santiago cathedral. Very beautiful

JanMarten

Hi Andy,
whereabouts are you now? I've just left Portugal via Barrancos and am en-route to Seville in Spain. Must say northern Portugal was fantastic, both coast and mountains. South of Lisbon was rather less appealing - for me anyway.

d87francis

Thanks for the inspiration Andy. I have requested to join your facebook group, the pictures are fantastic. Myself and my partner are planning for our first summers touring, just around the UK. Then hopefully next summer some of Europe and then once I have finished university we will have accumulated enough equipment and the right bicycles to just head off indefinitely.

OP
OP
andy_spacey

andy_spacey

Über Member
Thanks D87franics .we all have it in us to do what we dream. All we have to do is want it so much that we take that first step. Then we just repeat it over and over again. We know at time its going to be hard so we can per-pair the mind for them times but always remember that anything worth having or doing always is. By making your mind strong the body will follow. Dream and make it happen my friend.

Top Bottom