A possible Brompton purchase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rural halfwit

I got a T bag for the Brommie. They are huge!

OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Well, I have borrowed a Brommie for 24 hours, to test out my commuting theory. If all goes to plan I should be ordering one next week (M6R in standard black)

:wahhey::wahhey::laugh::laugh:^_^^_^

OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Well, I took the bike back to the shop today after testing out the commuting via the train. Everything went well, folding was good, train was nice and other than the rain the cycling was excellent - I want, nay, I need a Brompton ! I did, however, manage to leave my bag on the train - probably due to concentrating on getting the bike off and not bashing it into anyone - my bag that contained not only my high viz stuff, but also all my keys and my wallet !!! :ohmy:

The station people were very helpful and phoned the next stop down the line and got the guard and the station master to check the train but they could find no sign of the bag -- this meant 3 things .. 1) I needed to cancel my cards, 2) needed to change the locks on the house and car (since my wallet has my address) and 3) needed to tell Mrs Cisamcgu what a d*ck I am :sad:

Well, I did No 3) first, and she was less than happy - which is understandable, and came out with the line "Well, if you are this stupid on your first trip on the Brompton, perhaps you better not get one !" I took her car and drove home, preparing to start a multitude of phone calls, some which might prove rather expensive. However, there was joy when my colleague at work phoned to say that the train people had phoned my office, having found the bag and worked out where I worked from my staff card. ^_^ So, I turned the car around, drove to the station, picked up my bag, dropped off the Brompton and went back to work a happy and relieved chap :blush:

Now all I need to do is write a letter to the train people thanking them profusely and sweet-talk Mrs Cisamcgu into relenting about the :bicycle: ^_^

Ho hum
Andrew

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Your new Brompton will be very desirable to thieves and snatch thefts from trains are not unknown.

No doubt you will work out your own routine, but you need to keep hold of the bike at least until the train doors are shut.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Well, I took the bike back to the shop today after testing out the commuting via the train. Everything went well, folding was good, train was nice and other than the rain the cycling was excellent - I want, nay, I need a Brompton ! I did, however, manage to leave my bag on the train - probably due to concentrating on getting the bike off and not bashing it into anyone - my bag that contained not only my high viz stuff, but also all my keys and my wallet !!! :ohmy:

The station people were very helpful and phoned the next stop down the line and got the guard and the station master to check the train but they could find no sign of the bag -- this meant 3 things .. 1) I needed to cancel my cards, 2) needed to change the locks on the house and car (since my wallet has my address) and 3) needed to tell Mrs Cisamcgu what a d*ck I am :sad:

Well, I did No 3) first, and she was less than happy - which is understandable, and came out with the line "Well, if you are this stupid on your first trip on the Brompton, perhaps you better not get one !" I took her car and drove home, preparing to start a multitude of phone calls, some which might prove rather expensive. However, there was joy when my colleague at work phoned to say that the train people had phoned my office, having found the bag and worked out where I worked from my staff card. ^_^ So, I turned the car around, drove to the station, picked up my bag, dropped off the Brompton and went back to work a happy and relieved chap :blush:

Now all I need to do is write a letter to the train people thanking them profusely and sweet-talk Mrs Cisamcgu into relenting about the :bicycle: ^_^

Ho hum
Andrew
Wow, what a day! I thought it was only me that had days like that ....

What did you think of the ride, gearing, joy?
I'm certainly thinking of down-gearing mine having tried a few steep hills on it with the 44t? chainring, so have a think about where else you'll be riding it. I've been riding mine in Bristol the last 2 days and the riverside bits are fine .... but the rest .....

Top Bottom