A question for a brainiac

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 1991474, member: 9609"]It would be interesting to know what G the human body could tolerate for many months on end, may be 0 - speed of light will never be much below a year.[/quote]

We live almost our entire lives subject to 1G. So all it would mean is the spaceship would have an artificial gravity similar to that on earth for which down is towards the back end of the spaceship. Remember under General Relativity there is no difference between a gravitational field of 1G and an acceleration of 1G.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It's inversely proportional to how much 'O'-level physics I've forgotten in 37 years!

We don't have the power captain. You appear to have run out of time to show a star trek episode within an hour with adverts. You'll just have to write a soap opera in space instead. No fight fights on giant rocks with exotic aliens for you.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Hang on RL, 300,000,000/10 isn't that just the time taken under constant velocity of 10m/s to travel 300,000,000 metres, which does not account for constant acceleration at 10m/s2 to achieve the speed of light....

If you want to work the actual numbers out, you can do it via the hyperbolic trigonometric functions ^^.

Think of them as imaginary versions of the standard trigonometric functions. It's time that buggers things up, you end up with a 4th term with a different sign from the other three and it works out at a very basic level you can use cones to understand it. It's not just pretty pictures, it has physical meaning.

subaqua

What’s the point
Two threads, a bit like the double slit experiment. Using quantum probability theorem it is possible to witness bollox in two places at the same time :thumbsup:

no i stopped posting on Bikeradar

subaqua

What’s the point
and if i have a tin bucket of bleach and toothpaste giving off vapours , does that mean i have a small cauldron of halides

Top Bottom