A remedy for horrendous nightmares please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
This not really a question with regard to physical fitness, but it is starting to affect my physical health because of very disturbed sleep.

I suffer from the most Horrendous Nightmares. I have always had "bad" dreams, which changed to really horrible ones a few years ago. Then the nightmares got worse, I will save you the details, in case it gives some one else nightmares. Now they are continuing to get even worse, just when I thought that was not possible.

I was until recently on medication, but the doctor has always been adamant that the nightmares are in no way connected to that. I tried Ginger capsules, which seemed to work brilliantly for a while, but not any more. Can any of you give me any helpful suggestions as to how to alleviate this? Thank you.

johnny

Find a psycho-therapist and talk talk talk.

Dormouse

I always sleep badly if the bedroom is too hot or after boozing. I don't know if these apply to you but they are easily remedied!

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Dormouse said:
I always sleep badly if the bedroom is too hot or after boozing. I don't know if these apply to you but they are easily remedied!

It could be the alcohol, I do not usually drink very much at all, but at this time of year, I suppose I have been drinking slightly more. I thought it might be because I was cold in bed, and have been wearing fluffy socks to keep my feet warm, perhaps I overdid it. I will try both of these changes to see what happens.

The advice about therapy, could also be relevant. Until last October I was receiving counselling on a regular basis. Christmas is a very hectic time of year, so perhaps that plays a part as well. Ironic then, that one of my worst ever nightmares was last night, now that things start to calm down a bit.

Thank you Johnny and Dormouse for your suggestions.

yenrod

Speich' - w.out being disrespectfull - what are you fearing, what is their to fear :smile: what can happen...:smile:

NOTHING...

Keep it simple Speich.

So its you, in the bed (dont know your sleeping arrangements) etc...get comfortable,...

Think nice thoughts - I often think of a nice day, cycling maybe 'floating' on a great day ;)

Think of it as your time to rest and you shouldnt be affected to these happenings !

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Speicher, you poor thing. It does sound to me as if professional medical/psychological help might be order if you maybe know of trauma that might be causing them, and clearly you don't need to tell us about that. If you honestly can't think of anything preying on your mind which would cause the nightmares, what about the standard things...avoiding cheese, having a bath, lavender etc.

Lots of sympathy though...

col

Legendary Member
It must be terrible,but the only thing i can think of,other than what others have said,is if your mind is very active,when you go to bed,you need to get it settled and ready for sleep,try reading something you like,or watching a feelgood film,then think of pleasant or happy things.I know its probably easier said than done,but worth a try i think?

domtyler

Über Member
yenrod said:
Speich' - w.out being disrespectfull - what are you fearing, what is their to fear :smile: what can happen...:smile:

NOTHING...

Keep it simple Speich.

So its you, in the bed (dont know your sleeping arrangements) etc...get comfortable,...

Think nice thoughts - I often think of a nice day, cycling maybe 'floating' on a great day ;)

Think of it as your time to rest and you shouldnt be affected to these happenings !

Is this your way of asking for a shag Yenners? ;):ohmy::ohmy:

domtyler

Über Member
yenrod said:
Dom, your a bloody disgrace to yourself !

Not just to myself but to everyone I know or have ever met and don't even mention those poor buggers who have the misfortune to be related to me!! :8::biggrin:

wafflycat

There are all sorts of sleep disorders which have an underlying medical reason. Get thee to the doc and ask if it's a good idea to be referred to a sleep clinic.

Top Bottom