A thread for stitchers, crafters, and makers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
My latest attempt on the Lathe. Not sure whether the wood is Sycamore or Lime.
20220619_213459.jpg

20220619_213513.jpg

My latest attempt on the Lathe. Not sure whether the wood is Sycamore or Lime.
View attachment 649589

View attachment 649590

If it's sycamore the growth rings are unusually clear.

Lovely neat work.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
20220709_113738.jpg

20220709_113800.jpg

20220709_143014.jpg

New handle for the shed door

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
As you can see, I've not torn, but unstitched that part of one of my waistcoats. Silly me wrenched at it to get it off one of those rubber coated 'super grippy' clothes hangers, resulting in that happening. My question is, is it worthwhile me trying to sew it back, or should I get it done professionally? There's a shop next to the one I work in that does alterations, repairs etc, but she'a quite expensive and none too friendly, may I add. My thoughts are that if I attempt it the gold material used for the back of the waistcoat will fray,resulting in the stitch holes coming apart.🤔

1663680613355.png

1663680638367.png

As you can see, I've not torn, but unstitched that part of one of my waistcoats. Silly me wrenched at it to get it off one of those rubber coated 'super grippy' clothes hangers, resulting in that happening. My question is, is it worthwhile me trying to sew it back, or should I get it done professionally? There's a shop next to the one I work in that does alterations, repairs etc, but she'a quite expensive and none too friendly, may I add. My thoughts are that if I attempt it the gold material used for the back of the waistcoat will fray,resulting in the stitch holes coming apart.🤔

View attachment 661743

View attachment 661744

Unless you're a real dab hand with a needle, I'd suggest you get the repair done by someone who knows what they're doing. On a cheaper item of clothing, it doesn't matter too much, but I know that you'll have dropped a fair wodge of cash on that, so it seems a shame to ruin it by botching the repair.

Top Bottom