A thread for stitchers, crafters, and makers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Unless you're a real dab hand with a needle, I'd suggest you get the repair done by someone who knows what they're doing. On a cheaper item of clothing, it doesn't matter too much, but I know that you'll have dropped a fair wodge of cash on that, so it seems a shame to ruin it by botching the repair.
I bought three. One gold, one bottle green and the burgundy one in question. All were half price, from their original £150 each.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
20220920_203514.jpg

Latest Indalo, a leaving present for a colleague.

Alex321

Veteran
Latest bowl.

Also the bit of the log I have left - from the bark, I think it is cherry, but the wood seems rather pale, and open-grained for cherry.

20220920_204820.jpg

20220920_204846.jpg

EDIT - posters on facebook woodturners group are suggesting t is Beech, which it could well be, given I had some other(larger) beech from the same source, which I haven't started turning yet.

Last edited:
They do get quite a few compliments. The only one I didn't buy was the navy one, as I find navy while not quite as bad as black, shows marks, fluff etc.🤔

I wear black polo shirts at work: very practical for working with oily, mucky bikes.

However, our soap has sawdust in it to help scrub the oil out of our hands. The soap should be applied dry and it clings to my black clothes and looks like a bad case of dandruff.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I wear black polo shirts at work: very practical for working with oily, mucky bikes.

However, our soap has sawdust in it to help scrub the oil out of our hands. The soap should be applied dry and it clings to my black clothes and looks like a bad case of dandruff.

What's wrong with Swarfega then?

Top Bottom