A thread which avoids the use of...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
I am fairly sure that we could well have met our match with the verbose dextrosity of the good doctor. He must have swallowed a thesaurus, deliberately.

Abitrary

longers said:
I am fairly sure that we could well have met our match with the verbose dextrosity of the good doctor. He must have swallowed a thesaurus, deliberately.

The doctor probably has limited regard for time participles which trip people up the most, coming from the future....

OP
OP
P

Pete

TheDoctor said:
Apostrophes? Give me a break here! Have you the slightest idea how hard it was to phrase the above post?;):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I am aware that the use of apostrophes to show plurals ( such as the phrase Apple's £1/kilo) shows a lack of correctitude, but I am possessed of a lack of wisdom with regard to the possessive apostrophe. So I usually try to avoid it, except where I am forced to by lack of a letter that I would use in other times.

*that showed a lack of ease too. I doubt 'correctitude' is actually a word:blush:*
Oy! Doctor!!!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
longers said:

verbose dexterity - Gratitude! I do my best:biggrin:

It's the small details which have been my problem here:blush:
I shall at this time give up.;)

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I arrive at work, filled with delight by the glorious weather today, to discover a thread, a diabolical thread, that will tax both my thoughts as well as my lexigraphical skills thoughout the few hours that I will stay at work.

It is possible to form whole paragraphs without the use of the specific letter, but it surely stretches a chap's skills with both the keyboard (remove the key ?) plus his ability to read a proof.

The perpetrator of this devious delight of a thread must be applauded.

(I will refuse to add the usual autograph because the epithet my Mother gave to me would void my post)

Arch

Married to Night Train
I have arrived at this thread a little late, but I am aware that it is quite a task which is set for us. I have had to drop my usual tag as well.

I am thirsty. I shall go to the device that purveys beverages, for a cup of hot chocolate, before I say more.

Top Bottom