ABC Towns and Villages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Trafford

IMG_20190606_114246.jpg

And Urmston

IMG_20190606_120140.jpg

Waiting for future Mrs V to have a coffee then a ride home again. Hopefully it'll be a tailwind!

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Had to frickin rain didn't it! :angry:

Mr Celine

Discordian
With Q finally out of the way it was time to get moving again. Streetview shows the Redpath village sign as missing, but the image is quite old and I was sure that it does have one. I went out on spec anyway, and lo and behold it's there.

IMG_20190606_165233[1].jpg

With that in the bag, I knew there's an S about three miles away, or a bit longer by the scenic route which I took due to it being such a cracking afternoon, the clouds having all headed off in the general direction of @Vantage

IMG_20190606_171716[1].jpg

And thirdly one very close to home.

IMG_20190606_183020[1].jpg

And now I'm stuck again. :angry::cry:
The nearest proper U I can find is Uphall Station which is 50 miles away and involves cycling there and or back through Edinburgh and its suburbs.
As far as I can tell there are no Vs on mainland Scotland at all. I have plenty of Ws and Ys nearby but as Z is not a proper Scots letter there are none of those in Scotland either.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Finally ticked off V . Nearest V to home is a 150 mile round trip was planning on the village of Ventogimps in Cornwall on my hols in July .
However Im down in Wales ,on a study on the sportive route map passed near
View attachment 469958
So it would have been rude not too ^_^

A V in Welsh is actually a P, so this doesn't count :whistle:

Hope the weather is better than yesterday.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
27.5 cold, windy and wet miles to grab a V and W.
I suspect the V might fall into the bye category. Opinions?

IMG_20190611_094814.jpg

Next up was Wheelton. Unfortunately I couldn't find a sign for it despite noticing one on Google maps when I planned the route. Ah well.

M
View media item 11259
and the same place's attractive, IMO, commemorative sign, but no bike because I would have needed to stand in the middle of an A road!
View media item 11260

N
View media item 11261
I came across this sign last year which surprised me. It reminds me of what the first european explorers discovered when crossing the atlantic and decided to name it New Found Land!! The sign is obviously new-ish, showing county herald and year, yet it is not marked on my local OS map. There is nothing there apart from a couple of footpaths and maybe a house or three, not even a hamlet by my reckoning.

Top Bottom