ABC Towns and Villages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Got my wubbleyou today. Damn nice day for cycling :smile:

IMG_20190618_111609.jpg

Last edited:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Catching up with pics from the last week. Again, not all names are easy to find on signs;

Jacobs Well
upload_2019-6-18_14-57-31.png

Knaphill
upload_2019-6-18_15-4-30.png

Leatherhead
upload_2019-6-18_15-5-51.png

Murky Mickleham
upload_2019-6-18_15-7-29.png

And North Holmwood, looking like a road name but referring to a village near Dorking. (Is that N or H? I'm assuming N!)
upload_2019-6-18_15-37-2.png

Last edited:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
It's been a while. My nearest J's are Jerusalem (Lincolnshire) and Jervaulx [Abbey &- tea rooms], both 70+miles and couple of hours drive. Took the day off , woke up feeling a bit rough and decided the travel (car) could not be justified for the challenge on its own. Did a 62 mile and my prayers were answered (ironic considering the 2 options) I give you ...
IMG_20190621_134253.jpg

Last edited:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
It's been a while. My nearest J's are Jerusalem (Lincolnshire) and Jervaulx [Abbey &- tea rooms], both 70+miles and couple of hours drive. Took the day off , woke up feeling a bit rough and decided the travel (car) could not be justified for the challenge on its own. Did a 62 mile and my prayers were answered (ironic considering the 2 options) I give you ... View attachment 471786

:laugh::notworthy:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

As kids we used to go caravaning at Kilnsea

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Probably my most accessible Y should have been Yarkhill (east of Hereford). When planning for that letter I felt sure I'd seen a boundary sign on my travels somewhere, but many minutes (cough) of searching on Streetview failed to find anything. Sounds familiar?

Then on Friday's ride I passed one heading southwards on the A417, many miles from the village and with several other settlements between. Not where I'd've thought to look at all.

Later on I found a very informative map on Herefordshire County Council's website, showing the boundary of Yarkhill parish:

Yarkhillparishspot.JPG

Armed with this knowledge, I was quickly able to locate four boundary signs on Streetview where the A roads enter the parish, marked by the spots.

You may well have been ahead of me here. A bit late, but now I think I know how to play this game. And I have another subject with which to bore people at dinner parties and on long journeys.

Top Bottom