ABC Towns and Villages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Have you ever been fishing at Ulrome beach? (Next up )
I’ve been there but not fishing!

Alex H

Legendary Member
Just found this after being away from CC for a while. :okay:

A.jpg

B.jpg

C.jpg

D.jpg

E.jpg

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Is that your assessment that Oxshott isn't a good X, or can you actually not see the pic? I've had problems with pics previously, which only I can see ...
Can't see the pic.
My X was Plaxtol so I'm in no position to criticise Oxshott. :smile:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I never did understand why you didn't go to 'extable.
Hextable was on my list of possibles, along with Oxted, but Plaxtol won on the grounds that it was handily situated between Wrotham and Yalding

In fact, I just checked, I rode through Hextable earlier in the day that I visited Plaxtol, but the order would have been wrong. I hadn't yet visited Queenborough, Rushenden, Sheerness ... etc etc when I rode through Hextable.

Last edited:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
It's been a while...
Previously on ABC, I had done Aston, Benington, Cromer, Datchworth, Earith, Fen Drayton, Gosmore, Hitchin, Ickleford, Jacks Hill, Knebworth, Letchworth, Moulton, Newmarket, Ousden, Prickwillow, Queen Adelaide, Redcoats Green, Stevenage, Titmore Green, Upper Caldecote, Whakatane (in NZ), X-ning near Newmarket and Yardley Gobion.
On Sunday I finally got my act together and set off to St Albans.
Well, not exactly St Albans...
verulamium.jpg

I didn't find an actual road sign, but I believe the Romans were notoriously lax on such matters. V for Verulamium - tick!
To fill in a little background, there is a converted railway line running from Hatfield to St Albans, which I hadn't ridden, even though I worked for a year right by the Hatfield end of it. There's a bit of evidence ot the trainy past, in that there's a few platforms dotted along the track, and a station building in St Albans being used as a nursery. No tunnels, sadly. This ride made up for not getting V-for-Vindolandia when I was riding from Carlisle to Newcastle in early August.
Now all I need is a Z...

Top Bottom