ABC Towns and Villages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

13 rider

Guru
Finally got Y
IMG_20190803_091836390.jpg

@Supersuperleeds had plotted an imperial ton ride that went through Yeaveley
Only Z to go
I am proposing Sat 21st Sept for a forum ride to the end of the alphabet (Zouch in Leicestershire) from Loughborough station will post a thread in the rides section then put a link in here anyone interested start planning travel ,times flexible due to train times

Last edited:
I live in a county which has a fairly long coastline, but I have yet to venture there. Time to put that right:

R

478358-af67a9be1eb1964d83aca6f2acbc8c58.jpg

S

SbS.JPG

(both difficult to capture the sea! Especially S, as I was disappointed not to find a standard road sign, hence going inland slightly to find the station!)

(Edit: realised original picture was cropped, not showing name, so have inserted the image from elsewhere!)

Last edited:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Collected my letter O today in Oxcroft. No boundary signs so I made do with the protest sign against fracking and the farm sign for good measure.

IMG_8129.jpg
IMG_8130.jpg

I have been struggling to create routes that connects two or more places since passing M. These were done over the last few days:

T
View media item 11377
U
UB.JPG

V
View media item 11379
I am fully aware this is not really a V (nor is it my W!) but it is the closest I am ever going to get to one this year so I'm claiming it! It is also a little strange - posh and new-ish, with county crest, for a sparsely populated area. All bar one of mine have been villages, not towns, and none have 'Village' as part of the name on the sign. And I would not even call it a village, to me it is a hamlet - a small church and there might be a tea room. Certainly no public house. A proper W will follow!

Top Bottom