ABC Towns and Villages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

Deleted, wrong thread!

steverob

Guru
Is there anyone else out there who has essentially completed the challenge apart from Z (and also X, but no-one can do that without getting "creative") but still wants to cross off that last letter? Thinking of maybe trying to arrange a ride in about a month's time to Zouch on the Notts/Leics border and wondered if maybe we could turn it into a meetup...

Anyone who lives local to that area is obviously very welcome to join (chances are though you'd already have crossed Zouch off ages ago), but for the rest of us we'd have to probably get a train to either Loughborough or East Midlands Parkway and meet up there cycle to the village - although I guess we'd probably look to do a route that was a little bit more than just that, maybe 30-40km?

I haven't got a planned date for this (couldn't do anything in the next few weeks anyway), but just thought I'd throw it out there in case there was any interest.

13 rider

Guru
Slowly getting there ,today's was the tricky X as in Exton in Rutland
IMG_20190723_081952070.jpg

Making its second appearance in the thread . No road sign for the village so used the school sign

Last edited:

13 rider

Guru
Is there anyone else out there who has essentially completed the challenge apart from Z (and also X, but no-one can do that without getting "creative") but still wants to cross off that last letter? Thinking of maybe trying to arrange a ride in about a month's time to Zouch on the Notts/Leics border and wondered if maybe we could turn it into a meetup...

Anyone who lives local to that area is obviously very welcome to join (chances are though you'd already have crossed Zouch off ages ago), but for the rest of us we'd have to probably get a train to either Loughborough or East Midlands Parkway and meet up there cycle to the village - although I guess we'd probably look to do a route that was a little bit more than just that, maybe 30-40km?

I haven't got a planned date for this (couldn't do anything in the next few weeks anyway), but just thought I'd throw it out there in case there was any interest.
I need Y first then as I'm local to Zouch would be willing to meet up and guide a ride to the end of the alphabet

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

I should be up for that

@tallliman is local and might join in, his cafe knowledge is legendary so he is very useful

TheDoctor

Europe Endless

I'd certainly be up for this.
I'm in with a fighting chance of notching up a V fairly soon, assuming the Romans put up a sign of some sort.
It'll be as part of my Hadrians Wall side-to-side ride, Carlisle to Newcastle.

Top Bottom