Accie's fake Rolex.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
I'm Accy!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm Accy!
1642207085786.png

No, I'm Accy!!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Well, my neighbour finally got her fake Rolex watch! I went round to her's last night and she brought the boxed item out to show me. She told me she bought it from a dealer in Manchester who does deliveries to wherever you are in the Manchester area. He turns up after a phone call then you hand over either £170 or £150 depending on which model you buy.:secret:
I must say I was impressed by the watch. It's quite heavy, which I didn't expect. It also came in a 'genuine' Rolex box, carrier bag and with all the paperwork, including fake receipt and address of seller.:whistle: I watched a few vids on my laptop last night about how to spot a fake Rolex. It seems some are that well made it takes hours of scrutinising to find a fake and the chances of finding if it's a fake is greatly lessened if the watch is made of stainless steel and not 'gold'. I also heard one video say that 90% of all Rolex's out there are fakes. She offered to obtain one for me this weekend when she goes to Manchester to her partner's flat. She sent the dealer a text while I was there telling him that someone with her was interested in buying one. He replied in a minute saying he's waiting for new stock after 'the Christmas rush', so at the moment he only has The Submariner, Cosmograph Oyster steel and Datejust, all being £170 cash in hand. :secret:

View attachment 626235
View attachment 626236
View attachment 626237
View attachment 626238
View attachment 626239
View attachment 626240
View attachment 626241
They aren't brilliant photos as it was dark at the time and my phone camera isn't the best, but believe me, in the flesh the watch and packaging are very impressive!

Mmm, are they worth it I ask?🤔
Mate of mine bought a fake Rolex when on holiday in India (Goa) cost him a tenner

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Horrible, obvious fake. Do us all a favour and take a hammer to it and burn the box and paperwork.

And no, they are not worth it. I doubt it will keep good time and (if you haven't taken a hammer to it) ask her in six months if it still works.
Obvious to some, more than likely not so to those unfamiliar with the real McCoy. (I for one wouldn't have a clue...other than, by Accy's account, the owner's identity, as in 'Is this a likely owner of an eight grand watch?') As for time-keeping/longevity, I had a friend bring me a fake Cartier tank watch back from Thailand once - a real backstreet for a fiver jobby. Kept perfectly good time for the five or six years I had it.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Anyone intentionally buying me a fake anything from anywhere would very quickly lose the ‘friend’ tag.

What, even if you'd asked them to get you one? That's harsh. :whistle:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Horrible, obvious fake. Do us all a favour and take a hammer to it and burn the box and paperwork.

And no, they are not worth it. I doubt it will keep good time and (if you haven't taken a hammer to it) ask her in six months if it still works.
You only know/think it's a fake because I've stated it is and as explained previously, the photos aren't great quality. :rolleyes:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Obvious to some, more than likely not so to those unfamiliar with the real McCoy. (I for one wouldn't have a clue...other than, by Accy's account, the owner's identity, as in 'Is this a likely owner of an eight grand watch?') As for time-keeping/longevity, I had a friend bring me a fake Cartier tank watch back from Thailand once - a real backstreet for a fiver jobby. Kept perfectly good time for the five or six years I had it.
(UK£ 10 000) / (UK£ 170) =

You could buy over 58 'copies' for an original. Are genuine Rolex watches 58 times better than these copies I ask?🤔 Even if they don't keep perfect time to the second, who's going to know apart from the owner and some 'expert' who examines it!:rolleyes:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I know it’s a fake from
You know it's a fake because you know what to look for and you care enough to look. The vast majority of people don't. Most wouldn't know a cyclop if it bit them on the bum. I'm amazed anyone would pay that kind of money for what's almost certainly, when all's said & done, a £10 watch with tacky cosmetic 'enhancements', but each to their own. So long as Accy's friend's happy, what's the problem?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Counterfeit products promote criminality.

That’s the problem.
Ah. Well, no argument there. Arguably counterfeit products are criminality: they are theft of intellectual property. Period, as they say. All I'm saying is, doesn't mean they're necessarily rubbish. Or easily distinguishable, to the untrained eye.

classic33

Leg End Member
Anyone intentionally buying me a fake anything from anywhere would very quickly lose the ‘friend’ tag.

The movements in these fakes are most often mass produced from pressed steel and therefore lack the required precision to be entirely reliable.
Even the real item* is of no use for more than a day, I send them funny/stop them whilst wearing them.
Rotary watches are out for me.

*Was given the "chance" to wear one in a shop. Stopped dead in 10 minutes.

Top Bottom