Accie's fake Rolex.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I think this is the site which my neighbour gets her watches from, via the seller in Manchester.

GBP660.41 GBP118.88 🤔

As you can see, their prices are 'much lower' than the recommended price. Fake price reductions as well as fake watches it seems. My neighbour says the dodgy seller sells men's watches for £175, including box, packaging and counterfeit paperwork. Heck, that's £60 more than these, just for a fake box, bag and paperwork.🤔

***Mod Edited to avoid trademark infringement

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I wore a fob/ pocket watch when I was 16......thought I was quite cool :rolleyes:.
Nothing like yours though, mine was plain silver.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I passed the jewelers again in Clitheroe this aft'. I thought about going in and asking to try a Rolex on. I was also going to ask how they go on for security when someone's trying one on, as in what happens if that 'customer' does a runner. I presume they automatically, but discretely lock the door by some button/switch when they hand the watch to the customer. Anyway, I did neither. :rolleyes:

1642533107470.png

1642533163849.png

1642533237304.png

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

classic33

Leg End Member
Generally the doorman for the shop gives you a good look up and down at you approach the door. he will then remotely unlock the door and open if for you. It automatically locks again when closed.
The two shops selling Rolex watches operate a double door system. Only one door will open at any time. No doorman.
Your caught in a small gap between the two doors. The same for staff entering or exiting the premises.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Joke:
How can you tell if a Seiko is fake?
Because the bezel and markers line up perfectly.
:okay:
It's a shame Rolex can't manage it either. 😁

I had one that went back 3 times due to issues - gave up in the end and switched to Breitling.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
On hindsight I should've gone in the jewelers and asked to try that near 25 grand Rolex on, then I could've taken some pics of it on my wrist.🤔

Question is, if I bought such an extravagance, would I feel happier driving home with it on my wrist or happier driving home in this, having spent only 40 quid more?🤔

1642550105235.png

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202201181503945

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
On hindsight I should've gone in the jewelers and asked to try that near 25 grand Rolex on, then I could've taken some pics of it on my wrist.🤔

Question is, if I bought such an extravagance, would I feel happier driving home with it on my wrist or happier driving home in this, having spent only 40 quid more?🤔

View attachment 627236
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202201181503945
Nah you'd look like a right nobber in that, or an old git having a 'pre-pension' crisis spending your 'lump sum'. :whistle:

vickster

Legendary Member
Reactions: C R

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I just had some work done to my expensive (relatively to me) Omega watch. I have not and will not disclose the figure to my wife as she might tear me limb from limb, but I could have bought 3 of these for the same cost as the work.
1642605736666.png

All that said my watch is worth substantially more than the price I paid for it plus the work carried out and it has been a faithfull servant to me for the last twenty years. My late father used to wind me up (excuse the pun) about the fact his quartz was more accurate than my chronometer, but that is missing the point. For me it is a work of fine craftsmanship. It is nice and understated as well so can be a daily wearer.

mustang1

Legendary Member
I just had some work done to my expensive (relatively to me) Omega watch. I have not and will not disclose the figure to my wife as she might tear me limb from limb, but I could have bought 3 of these for the same cost as the work.
View attachment 627297
All that said my watch is worth substantially more than the price I paid for it plus the work carried out and it has been a faithfull servant to me for the last twenty years. My late father used to wind me up (excuse the pun) about the fact his quartz was more accurate than my chronometer, but that is missing the point. For me it is a work of fine craftsmanship. It is nice and understated as well so can be a daily wearer.
Luckily that servicing is only required every 10 to 20 years (and hopefully 15-20 years). How old is your watch that it needed servicing and which movement is in it?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Luckily that servicing is only required every 10 to 20 years (and hopefully 15-20 years). How old is your watch that it needed servicing and which movement is in it?
Dates back to about 2000 so better than 20 years, would have to check the papers for the exact date. It is a Seamaster. Bit of additional cost as the case had to be replaced due to a failed screw thread on the crown. Looks new again and time keeping seems to be back to chronometer accuracy.
I will give it to my son one day.

Top Bottom