Accie's fake Rolex.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The watch will hold its value far better
True, but what would give you the most pleasure I ask.🤔 An 'investment' you keep in a box and bring out on special occasions, or a poseur mobile :becool: that gets more attention than a watch that many might think 'it's a fake'. You'd have to carry the receipt of the near 25 grand watch around with you to show how much it cost and even then that receipt could be a fake to those who doubt its value.;)

True, but what would give you the most pleasure I ask.🤔 An 'investment' you keep in a box and bring out on special occasions, or a poseur mobile :becool: that gets more attention than a watch that many might think 'it's a fake'. You'd have to carry the receipt of the near 25 grand watch around with you to show how much it cost and even then that receipt could be a fake to those who doubt its value.;)
It depends, if 'getting you more attention ' is the whole point of these things (which clearly it is to you judging by the way you dress) then 25k on a watch probably would seem like a waste.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I saw this watch in a jewelers today. What do you reckon to it? I've read up about Raymond Veil watches since seeing this watch for sale. According to reports they are very well made, but don't hold such resale prices like more well known brands. I tried it on. It's quite heavy and far too big for my slim wrist. However, the seller says he could take as many links out as I want to get the right fit. He wants £825 for it, but surprisingly told me that If I was to pay in cash, as in £20 notes I can have it for £720! :secret: It's brand new, not 'reconditioned' etc, It's 100% genuine, as the jewelers selling it are a well known, small independent business, plus I asked a goldsmith/jeweler friend of mine (yes,I have such friends:okay:) about it. He said they don't sell fakes and wouldn't rip me off!

hc-uoh83zal-vaax_vqfur-_nc_ht-scontent-fman2-2-jpg.jpg

hc-zgnprlwbtmmax-iwybr-_nc_ht-scontent-fman2-2-jpg.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Looks a bit odd. There's no water resistance rating and doesn't say if it's mechanical or quartz which is unusual.
A large watch so might not be comfortable on your slim wrist as well as looking oversized.
You can do much better for the money I'm sure.
If you want to buy a watch have a look at this company in the Netherlands where I've bough a few watches. This is a much nicer Raymond Weil for around the same money and won't look out of place on your wrist:

https://www.seriouswatches.com/products/raymond-weil-maestro-2237-st-65011

They also do many other big name brands and their price includes DHL shipping to your door.

If you want something a bit cheaper this Chinese company do some very good Rolex and other homages for £200-300
https://watchdives.com/

Last edited:

Kingfisher101

Ãœber Member
Get an Islander instead, their explorer homage in black is getting restocked tomorrow and at 36 across it will be great for a slim wrist. I think they are $280 and $15.00 delivery to the U.K.
Alternatively get a steeldive off Ebay, I've got one and its a beautiful watch and was £119, sapphire crystal and a sunburst green dial.
The Tissot Gentleman is also a nicer watch than that one you are posting and its about £600 new I think.
Timex and Geckota also have some nice watches.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Looks a bit odd. There's no water resistance rating and doesn't say if it's mechanical or quartz which is unusual.
A large watch so might not be comfortable on your slim wrist as well as looking oversized.
You can do much better for the money I'm sure.
If you want to buy a watch have a look at this company in the Netherlands where I've bough a few watches. This is a much nicer Raymond Weil for around the same money and won't look out of place on your wrist:

https://www.seriouswatches.com/products/raymond-weil-maestro-2237-st-65011

They also do many other big name brands and their price includes DHL shipping to your door.

If you want something a bit cheaper this Chinese company do some very good Rolex and other homages for £200-300
https://watchdives.com/

I think (almost sure) he said it's water resistant up to 30 meters. Again, not too sure but he said it's lighter than it would be if it was blah blah, so if quartz watches are lighter in weight it'll be quartz. 🤔

Last edited:

Kingfisher101

Ãœber Member
Er, aren't we going down that fake Rolex road again @Cycleops?:rolleyes: :okay:

What watch have you got at the moment and what are you wanting in a watch? I peronally wouldnt get the one you posted as it looks dated and will be too big for a slim wrist. Look at Tissot, they are fairly decent, swiss made and look nice and are not too expensive.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I reckon Teddy Baldassare is your type of guy Accy. Here's what he thinks about these two Tissots:

View: https://youtu.be/pxq3y6mLJpg

If you don't like the Tissots (they do come in different colours and styles you should go for a Swiss brand if you want a classic look. Or I don't think you can go wrong with a Seiko diver, loads to choose from. If you want something really stunning look at their Cocktail time range.

Last edited:
Top Bottom