Accie's fake Rolex.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Obviously others thought so as they're all sold out!!:sad:
https://www.morrisrichardson.com/collections/mens-watches

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I suppose you can sometimes overload on the tweed. This one is quite me, but isn't it a bit big?🤔

rneYellowGoldWatch36mm-MorrisRichardson2_1024x1024.jpg

https://www.morrisrichardson.com/co...rne-classic-watch-36mm?variant=39422267916330

Oh, +1 for the Tissot. Incredible value.

They're nice watches. I love my two, but can't speak for the new ones.

I reckon Teddy Baldassare is your type of guy Accy. Here's what he thinks about these two Tissots:

View: https://youtu.be/pxq3y6mLJpg

If you don't like the Tissots (they do come in different colours and styles you should go for a Swiss brand if you want a classic look. Or I don't think you can go wrong with a Seiko diver, loads to choose from. If you want something really stunning look at their Cocktail time range.

Those blue ones are lovely. But then again, I do have a "thing" for blue dials...

A local jeweller has the Seiko cocktail time watches in the window display - they are absolutely stunning. Unfortunately they're too large for my small wrists. If they did a 27 / 28mm case size, I'd bite.

Venod

Eh up
Thread hijack (sorry Accy)

I have a Raymond Weil (Quartz) got it for 25years service, I bought it because I liked the look of it, it wasn't cheap but not stupidly expensive, I have one of those lifetime free battery replacement's from Timpsons, the last time I took it in they damaged the mechanism so had to replace it, this got me checking that they had replaced it with the same quality mechanism, they did, but what surprised me was how cheap these quartz movements are compared to the cost of the watch, I realise there will be cheaper and more expensive ones, but I think the watch companies are making a hugh profit out of their digital offerings, they seem poor value compared to a good mechanical timepiece,

I have a Raymond Weil (Quartz) got it for 25years service, I bought it because I liked the look of it, it wasn't cheap but not stupidly expensive, I have one of those lifetime free battery replacement's from Timpsons, the last time I took it in they damaged the mechanism so had to replace it, this got me checking that they had replaced it with the same quality mechanism, they did, but what surprised me was how cheap these quartz movements are compared to the cost of the watch, I realise there will be cheaper and more expensive ones, but I think the watch companies are making a hugh profit out of their digital offerings, they seem poor value compared to a good mechanical timepiece,

Indeed. A simple, time only, quartz movement is only a few pounds retail so will be much cheaper bought in bulk. Even a cheapest ETA clone from Seagull will cost 10 times more.

Cycleops

Legendary Member

You're right, there are cheap and cheerful quart movements and better quality ones.
In my experience Japanese ones are better and more accurate. I have one in a Citizen and it's incredibly reliable and accurate. Powered by the sun so never needs a battery and has a power reserve of a few months if not used.
Swiss quartz movements have a good name too.
If you look carefully at the cheap ones they don't hit the second markers accurately past 6.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I suppose you can sometimes overload on the tweed. This one is quite me, but isn't it a bit big?🤔

View attachment 677142

https://www.morrisrichardson.com/co...rne-classic-watch-36mm?variant=39422267916330

That will date, its like a Daniel Wellington..
So what watch are you thinking of getting then?Have you decided?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That will date, its like a Daniel Wellington..
So what watch are you thinking of getting then?Have you decided?

I'm not rushing into buying just for the sake of it! I'll pass a jewelers, have a look at what they have in their window then go in and ask for a try on, if I see something that catches my eye. I still fancy something a bit 'blingy' though. I've done 'classic' and 'sensible'. Yes, I know such watches are more me, but there's an itch that needs scratching, as they say.😉 I saw a few 'bling' watches today. They were only around the £200 mark and it showed! Fake diamonds and plastic looking 'gold'. :rolleyes: I think if you're gonna do bling you have to spend at least £1000, though like the one I saw yesterday, some have decent sale price reductions bringing them well below their original price!

Edit...that Raymond Weil watch I posted about yesterday was on a website which I now can't find. it was £1,450 on that site! So that jewelers offering it to me for £720 cash was quite an offer!!

Edit no 2....I think this is the one. Well, it looks like it to me.🤔

RW_tango_8570-sp5-20001_rvb_72dpi-100x100.png

https://raymond-weil.co.uk/product/tango-300-mens-43mm-quartz-chronographtachymeter-bi-colour-rose-pvd-stainless-steel-case-and-bracelet-black-rose-gold-dial/?utm_source=Google Shopping&utm_campaign=Raymond Weil Shopping Feed&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=2603725&gclid=CjwKCAiAioifBhAXEiwApzCzthrEPYcGV_np-OgV_qecrySVgABR8Zdhyfi8N_WeyT6URycT3wdwKBoCJX8QAvD_BwE

Last edited:
I'm not rushing into buying just for the sake of it! I'll pass a jewelers, have a look at what they have in their window then go in and ask for a try on, if I see something that catches my eye. I still fancy something a bit 'blingy' though. I've done 'classic' and 'sensible'. Yes, I know such watches are more me, but there's an itch that needs scratching, as they say.😉 I saw a few 'bling' watches today. They were only around the £200 mark and it showed! Fake diamonds and plastic looking 'gold'. :rolleyes: I think if you're gonna do bling you have to spend at least £1000, though like the one I saw yesterday, some have decent sale price reductions bringing them well below their original price!

Edit...that Raymond Weil watch I posted about yesterday was on a website which I now can't find. it was £1,450 on that site! So that jewelers offering it to me for £720 cash was quite an offer!!

Ladies' watches... Shrink it, pink it and chuck a load of sparkly stuff at it... :wacko:

Gunk

Guru
Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Top Bottom