Accie's fake Rolex.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Dear God it's hideous. Look at this picture, I hate everything about it.

View attachment 677227

You know, I’m going to stand by my opinion that this is the only RM I’d entertain, subject to a lottery win or undetected fraud. I’ve briefly held an RM watch and was massively underwhelmed - it was like a Casio on marching powder, but the RM20 has something about it. The worst thing about this is the marketing. How can you make a half mil timepiece look like a bottle of Sex Panther?!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

🤔

winjim

Smash the cistern
You know, I’m going to stand by my opinion that this is the only RM I’d entertain, subject to a lottery win or undetected fraud. I’ve briefly held an RM watch and was massively underwhelmed - it was like a Casio on marching powder, but the RM20 has something about it. The worst thing about this is the marketing. How can you make a half mil timepiece look like a bottle of Sex Panther?!

If it was a clock on a mantlepiece then that's one thing, it's weird and overcomplicated enough to be interesting, but nobody's putting that in the pocket of their jeans. And I get fancy wristwatches, they're always on show but if you wanted anyone to see this you'd have to make such a song and dance about hoofing it out and showing them.

I finally treated myself to one of these for my 50th last year. I really wanted with the blue face.

https://www.tagheuer.com/gb/en/time...er-aquaracer/32-mm-quartz/WBD1312.BA0740.html

First looked at one about 15 or more years ago at Copenhagen? Airport and kept considering time and again as I passed through an airport over the years. Could finally justify it to myself for the big birthday, sold the other Tag I had bought pre owned which was always a little small at 27mm for my wrist). The 32mm size works really well for me, and isn’t easy to come by
Got a discount buying online from a jeweller in Crewe of all places in the end! Don’t wear often (Apple watch for every day) It’s now showing as discontinued! :ohmy:
I’ve probably worn half a dozen times since buying oops!

That's actually not bad-looking for a TAG @vickster :okay: The dial is really lovely, such a nice shade of blue. Can see why you swung for it.

Started saving up for one a few years ago as a result of the motor racing connection, but then when I started looking in earnest, I realised that I didn't actually like them. :blush:

Wearing this today though, bought as an everyday beater, but I really like it. Is rather in need of a new crystal though, as it's a bit scratched up and doesn't show off the dial as well as it could. It's a 25mm case, btw.

img_0250_small-jpg.jpg

No idea what movement it's got inside, but it's likely a pretty decent one, as the sweep second hand is very smooth.

If it was a clock on a mantlepiece then that's one thing, it's weird and overcomplicated enough to be interesting, but nobody's putting that in the pocket of their jeans. And I get fancy wristwatches, they're always on show but if you wanted anyone to see this you'd have to make such a song and dance about hoofing it out and showing them.

As a mantle clock, it'd be a great conversation piece. But really, all I want to be able to do is tell the time... :laugh:

vickster

Legendary Member
That's actually not bad-looking for a TAG @vickster :okay: The dial is really lovely, such a nice shade of blue. Can see why you swung for it.

Started saving up for one a few years ago as a result of the motor racing connection, but then when I started looking in earnest, I realised that I didn't actually like them. :blush:

Wearing this today though, bought as an everyday beater, but I really like it. Is rather in need of a new crystal though, as it's a bit scratched up and doesn't show off the dial as well as it could. It's a 25mm case, btw.

View attachment 677247

No idea what movement it's got inside, but it's likely a pretty decent one, as the sweep second hand is very smooth.

Nice.
This was my previous Tag, really liked the design (more feminine) but just too small for my wrist (and I always hankered after the Aquaracer!)
https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Tag Heuer/Link/WJF1315.BA0572/22666/item/206023

byegad

Legendary Member
Just out of interest.

Is Accie's watch the fake, or is it Accie himself?

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Thread hijack (sorry Accy)

No need to apologise! It's not even Accy's thread to hijack :ohmy::laugh:.

If you read the OP (me) from November 2021...

I was going to tell a tale of a fraudulent catalogue account which has resulted in goods being delivered to my home which I never ordered.
But Accy prefers to hijack the thread and discuss a fake Rolex he is trying to import from America, for a friend. Or something like that..
Thread title edited to suit.
So, over to you Accy, it's all yours......

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Out of interest, did anything come of the original dodgy JDWilliams delivery, good or bad?

I contacted them and closed the account. I never received any demands for payment, or any further deliveries. So all good, apart from it happening in the first place!

Nice.
This was my previous Tag, really liked the design (more feminine) but just too small for my wrist (and I always hankered after the Aquaracer!)
https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Tag Heuer/Link/WJF1315.BA0572/22666/item/206023

Oh, now *that* is a TAG which I wouldn't mind to have if it was mechanical... I don't like the diver's style / chrono ones that seem to be the mainstay of the range.

The Gradus is totally at the other end of the scale - cost me £7.50 plus postage on the 'bay. :laugh:

vickster

Legendary Member
Oh, now *that* is a TAG which I wouldn't mind to have if it was mechanical... I don't like the diver's style / chrono ones that seem to be the mainstay of the range.

The Gradus is totally at the other end of the scale - cost me £7.50 plus postage on the 'bay. :laugh:

Battery powered unfortunately

Top Bottom