Accie's fake Rolex.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But at the same time, if the auto watch needed servicing during covid, then that would not have worked out either. Actually, even without covid, an auto watch will be away for service for several months (but I suppose that's only every 10 or 20 years).

About the environment friendliness of quartz watches, they have the tiniest batteries ever. Some of them are a pita to change though. And anyway, every 2 or 3 battery changes, you can change the gasket to keep the water proofness.

Anyway, yeah, I prefer autos (although the GS quartz are bloooooody nice).

That's why, just like bicycles, you need to have more than one :laugh:

I've got four hand winders and five autos. Oops... :blush:

Nibor

Bewildered
And that's for a second hand , sorry 'pre-loved' :rolleyes: one!

You can't buy a new Rolex without being invited

You can't buy a new Rolex without being invited

Not entirely true.

Granted their SS (stainless steel) ‘sports’ models are difficult to get, without having spent a whack on other items, it’s not impossible. I bought an SS Submariner from an authorised dealer with no prior spend.

Other, non sport, SS models can be picked up too. PM (precious metal) watches are also relatively easy to get unless you are looking for one of the mega popular ones, such as a PM Daytona.

Nibor

Bewildered
Not entirely true.

Granted their SS (stainless steel) ‘sports’ models are difficult to get, without having spent a whack on other items, it’s not impossible. I bought an SS Submariner from an authorised dealer with no prior spend.

Other, non sport, SS models can be picked up too. PM (precious metal) watches are also relatively easy to get unless you are looking for one of the mega popular ones, such as a PM Daytona.

I guess there are ways to buy them but Rolex's line is by invitation the dealer in preston has a selection in the window with no prices and tha sign saying for display purposes only.

Gunk

Guru
I guess there are ways to buy them but Rolex's line is by invitation the dealer in preston has a selection in the window with no prices and tha sign saying for display purposes only.

I wouldn’t buy a new one now, I like my old GMT, but now the brand seems to have been high jacked by spivs and chancers. Mine just sits unworn in our safe.

Last edited:

Gunk

Guru
New arrival today, 1965 Air King Super Precision, did belong to my son, but persuaded him to sell it to me (for a profit!), I have always loved these 1960’s smaller Rolex’s. This is nice subtle daily watch for work.

C608F434-93B3-4BE4-BE94-6E86BF317606.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom