Actioncam 520 TV Line Camera with Low Light Chip with Archos 405?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeeW

Been thinking about a camera for my bike for ages now. think I have finally decided on something. Currently looking at an Actioncam 520 TV Line Camera with Low Light Chip and an Archos 405. http://www.actioncameras.co.uk/520-tv-line-camera-with-low-light-chip.html
What I want to know is if anyone has used the above camera and is it any good, especially for low light use?
The camera will be exposed to the elements, most likely mounted to the fairing. The recorder will be stashed inside the fairing and protected.

From what I understand, I need the camera (£117), recorder (Archos 405, £50, ebay), Archos travel adaptor (£17) and a 12v power source for the camera (already have one).

Lee, you'll also need an AV cable to attach the travel adapter to the camera/microphone. It is a normal AV jack, but I think the polarity of the adapter is differnt from normal. If you google search you can find cables specifically for the archos. I use a 405 with my camera.

The 520 should be pretty good. I have the one up from that the 550/580 HQ1. It is very good in low light. Yours won't be quite as good, but it should be pretty reasonable.

I keep my recorder and battery in my rucksack. The camera itself is well made and survives the rain, no problem.

OP
OP
LeeW

LeeW

Thanks for the reply,
Do you have any footage I can see (full quality, not compressed/youtube).

LeeW said:
Thanks for the reply,
Do you have any footage I can see (full quality, not compressed/youtube).

I do, but it is quite large. If you PM me your e-mail address I could try and send it to you.

Top Bottom