Admit your ignorance - things you've only just realised/learned

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Speaking of side-effects of medications... :whistle:

A few years ago, my brother-in-law was having very frequent severe headaches. It turned out that the cause was him overdoing his paracetamol intake for what had been less frequent, less severe headaches!! :wacko:

A few years ago, my brother-in-law was having very frequent severe headaches. It turned out that the cause was him overdoing his paracetamol intake for what had been less frequent, less severe headaches!! :wacko:

I had exactly that
I got a sudden very severe headache - basically like someone hit my head from the inside with a large hammer
didn;t go away for ages
I went to A&E - on the insistance of the GP - and was told to take alternating ibuprofen and paracetamol and come back immediately if it got worse
they also did a scan and all that and found nothing out of the usual

anyway - it got a bit better with the pain killers but was still bad - and got a lot worse when getting close to time to take the next dose
I kept a very accurate record of what I took and the exact time to make sure I didn't overdoes

this went on for weeks - never properly went away at all

eventually I started wondering and decided to just stop and see what happened

it all went away totally

after probably 7-8 weeks
at some point the original headache (possibly a migraine) had gone away and been replaced by an identical one induced by the pain killers

worth people knowing about as it can happen to anyone

I had to look up vasodilation!

Hope it didn't cause a rush of blood to the head!

GuyBoden

Guru
Gene Tierney was the most beautiful woman ever.

Studio_publicity_Gene_Tierney.jpg

Alex321

Veteran
Thanks to the Mundane News thread, I've discovered there's a band called 'Kraftwerk'

I'm probably about to discover it is quite famous...

Moderately, yes.

I can listen to them for about 10 minutes, then it all sounds the same.

They were on at Green Man festival the last time I was there, following Public Service Broadcasting (who had been a late fill in for somebody else who cancelled). Personally, I much preferred Public Service Broadcasting.

presta

Guru

Just like Flecainide: it's a drug for treating arrhythmia, but one of the side effects is.....arrhythmia.

Fix atrial fibrillation, and cause atrial flutter.

Top Bottom