Admit your ignorance - things you've only just realised/learned

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I now know what sui generis means.

I'm not telling you though. You'll have to look it up for yourself.

Alex321

Veteran
While I'm here...

I am playing Hawkwind's Doremi Fasol Latido album via my phone and it just explained that it was released over half a century ago (1972) - I suddenly feel very old! :eek:

Oh, and I was amazed to read that it got to #14 in the album charts.

I used to read quite a lot of Michael Moorcock Science Fiction/fantasy books, and only got to know of Hawkwind through his connections with them. That was in the 1970's and 80's so it doesn't surprise me that an album of theirs is 50 years old.

They are still going, though only Dave Brock has been with them the entire time (1969 - now, 55 years).

Gwylan

Veteran
Fine, knowledge is only any good if it shares, enlightens and demonstrates that you have mastered the medium.

The example posted does nothing to demonstrate any understanding, merely an ability to parrot.

Try writing a sentence with " quo modo agere de fututum "

Gwylan

Veteran
While I'm here...

I am playing Hawkwind's Doremi Fasol Latido album via my phone and it just explained that it was released over half a century ago (1972) - I suddenly feel very old! :eek:

That's when music was proper, lad!

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
While I'm here...

I may have mentioned this before, but if I haven’t, I’m going to now.
I used play the drums in the U.K.’s no 1 Hawkwind tribute band, ‘The Assassins of Silence’ . We played hundreds of gigs around Oxfordshire, where maybe seven or eight people would come and see us.
A few even stayed to the end.

Last edited:
Top Bottom