Advice please B-Twin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tommytuktuk

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experiene with B-Twin bikes. I am going to look at a B-Twin sport 3 that was brought last July and spent most of the time under cover in a garage. It will be my first road bike

What are they like and how much should i pay, would be a great help???

Cheers for your time

Tom

OP
OP
T

tommytuktuk

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experiene with B-Twin bikes. I am going to look at a B-Twin sport 3 that was brought last July and spent most of the time under cover in a garage. It will be my first road bike

What are they like and how much should i pay, would be a great help???

Cheers for your time

Tom

TVC

Welcome Tommy.

B'Twin bikes are sold through Decathlon mainly, they are solid budget end bikes. I've not owned one but looked at them very seriously for my first road bike. As far as how much should you pay, it depends how much use and exposure to the weather it's had. I know that's not much help, but I suppose if you think it's worth it then it's a fair price.

When deciding on the purchase it would be worth factoring in a visit to your local bike shop (LBS) to get it serviced. A basic service where everything is checked over, wheels trued and gears/brakes set should cost £30-40 and will give you confidence that everything is in order.

ThePainInSpain

I have the B'Twin Rockrider 6.2 MTB from Decatlon. Bought it last August for €300.

Done nearly 800 miles on it, across all sorts of rough ground, it gets some hammer.

No prob, great bike, love it................

OP
OP
T

tommytuktuk

Cheers!!!

Guess the best thing to do is go take a look and have a go!
He has advertised it at £350 which sounds a bit much to me? But he said it had hardly been ridden and cost £600.
Seen brand new one on ebay for £399 too.
Iv not really ridden road bikes before is there anything major to look for when seeing if the bike is the right size?

Cheers again!!!!

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Decathlon is a French company and the French know a thing or two about cycling. The bikes are well reviewed and well specced.

Their sizing is the main problem for me 54 57 and 60cm only.

Give it a try and see how it feels.

subaqua

What’s the point
Decathlon is a French company and the French know a thing or two about cycling. The bikes are well reviewed and well specced.

Their sizing is the main problem for me 54 57 and 60cm only.

Give it a try and see how it feels.

63 on sale at lakeside.

I have a btwin MTB rockrider 8.1 and it rides brilliant.

I have been after a Roadie for a while and got the sport 1 as i was banned from anything more expensive :whistle:

it too rides like a dream.

OP
OP
T

tommytuktuk

Cheers!!!

He has advertised it at £350 which sounds a bit much to me? But he said it had hardly been ridden and cost £600.
Iv not really ridden road bikes before is there anything major to look for when seeing if the bike is the right size?

Cheers again!!!!

Zoiders

Cheers!!!

Cheers again!!!!
hHe is already taking a £350 loss on what is by description a good quality, recent spec and virtualy unused bike.

Asking for more money off would be taking the piss, if you wan't to pay less look elsewhere for a lower spec bike.

mightyquin

Can't advise on the bike, sorry, but how is the bike on ebay new?

Are Decathlon (they're the only retailer aren't they?) selling it for that much less on e bay? Or is someone selling a used bike which they haven't used much so therefore consider as 'new'? What about warranty/aftersales?

OP
OP
T

tommytuktuk

250 loss??? Well i guess i will have a look and pay what we both think is a fair price, if its all good.
Thanks all for you help

Cheers

Tom

Top Bottom