Agent Maradona recalled.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Watch the video you posted. No.6 - Terry Butcher.
Damn! I thought you were going to show me a vid' from a different angle,that'd finally convince me it was Maradona that kicked that ball into the net! 🧐 ;)

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hopefully name a street in Glasgow after him.
Well, there's already one in London.

I'm not defending the ref, I'm bewildered as to why Maradona's been eviscerated for all those years for an instinctive reaction when the ref made a boo-boo.
It's a fair cop; you've seen through my shallow deception.

I'm not mad at Maradonna; I'm not mad at the ref; this is all camouflage for my real problem:

Why the hell didn't Shilts do a Schuey??? that would have solved the WHOLE problem:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGq7VcaHoqo

No matter how many times i look at it,to me it looks like the England defender (can't remember who it was) slides the ball into the net,not Maradona.

Nope,no matter hard how i try to see Maradona kick that ball,i still see the defender kicking it!

I've always thought the same - but I don't recall anyone on the scene mentioning it. What you need to remember is that D was absurdly one-footed, so he would have flicked his left-boot at the ball there when any sane player would have used their right.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
No matter how many times i look at it,to me it looks like the England defender (can't remember who it was) slides the ball into the net,not Maradona.

Nope,no matter hard how i try to see Maradona kick that ball,i still see the defender kicking it!

The goal is the source of some amusement on my patch because Maradona mugged two Sunderland managers - Peter Reid and Terry Butcher.

I never thought it was that spectacular, having seen a handful of individual goals over the years which were just as good.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
gettyimages-985176686-594x594.jpg

Grandeeee
The flame that burnt twice as bright half as long

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I can't get upset about a World-class cheat....
I thought like that immediately after '86. Given passage of time, I'm more of the view the refs should have spotted it, and he was the greatest of his generation, you have to respect that. RIP a flawed and tortured genius.

Top Bottom