Agent Maradona recalled.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Screenshot_20201126-113453_Chrome.jpg

I can't get upset about a World-class cheat....
Might seem like an unsympathetic response to someone who's just popped it (not speaking ill of the dead etc) but I find it hard to disagree.
I would be more forgiving if it was something that just happened and he benefitted from it.
But he made it clear that it was deliberate and he gloried in it.
I find this more pathetic than the sort of thing that gets me spluttering.
For I am more than willing to believe that he was a supremely gifted footballer.
But FFS it's football, kicking (or punching) a pigs bladder (now doubtless plastic) ball around, not expressing some sort of poetry about the human condition, as some would have you believe.

(in case by the way someone thinks I'm being an injured brit/englander about this - not true - and if any scots take a delight in this misdeed (I don't know) I find that equally sad - as a youngster i was somewhat pleased about england not qualifying for that world cup way back in the 70s, as I objected to the self satisfied idea that England were the best team/country in the world full stop.

So RIP Maradonna.
And do try to not get one over on god/your fellows in the other place.

I know he was revered by many in that troubled dysfunctional city Naples but I know one Italian who thinks he was a twat.

Adam4868

Guru
Lol... Nearly all football players cheat ! It's part of the game.The diving,throwing their arms in the air etc.Maybe a bit less nowadays with VAR.Yes I was gutted at the time but he was one of the best players to touch a football.Troubled of the pitch and a magician on it.Thats why it's such a big deal I guess.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
The handball is a sore point for many Englanders due to their sense of fair play.

But, many societies have a win-at-all costs mentality and would view a cheeky foul or handball as streetwise.

I once saw an interview where an Argentine journalist explained the Argentine population celebrated the handball as much as the wonder goal because Diego gained revenge through guile. After all, the English military had superior weapons and this was the Argentine way of getting even.

Adam4868

Guru
The handball is a sore point for many Englanders due to their sense of fair play.

But, many societies have a win-at-all costs mentality and would view a cheeky foul or handball as streetwise.

I once saw an interview where an Argentine journalist explained the Argentine population celebrated the handball as much as the wonder goal because Diego gained revenge through guile. After all, the English military had superior weapons and this was the Argentine way of getting even.
My partner said they went crazy in her local when he scored that hand of god goal....she's Irish 😁

I'd need serious drugs to get me through a night out with Shilton... Or even frivolous ones
am intgrigued by your apparent obesssion with shilton.
As a student I shared a flat with a woman who was a regular evening drugs user (though usually far weaker than maradonna's favoured substances) - well remember sat on the sofa with her and my other flatmate telling her that she was boring. Of course she thought she was interesting/rebellious.
(wasn't a footballer)

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
1606422727720.png

1606422742425.png

Said to be one million in the queues to pay their last respects. Can anyone think of an English footballer who would get that kind of reaction from the public?

Top Bottom