Agu Cycling Shoes CT075

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
Hi all
Just a quickie, any thoughts on these shoes for commuting in? I don't use clipless pedals .
Bear in mind I have used Football Astro Turf Trainers for the last five years so I am hardly high tech ! :laugh:
Cheers

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Good reviews on the Planet X website. Possibly too soft a sole for long distance riding, but ok for commuting.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I once bought an Agu softshell and it was really good quality for the cheap price.
Not shoes, I know. But a Positive for the brand maybe?

Tommy2

Über Member
A work colleague who just started cycling got some as his first pair of clipless because I saw them on offer and I got some for my wife (although she hasn't used them yet)
Colleague has not said anything negative about them and he commutes 13 miles each way, having said that he has nothing to compare them to but I'm sure he would have said I'd he didn't like something about them.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

All sounds pretty positive then. Just to reiterate though I am using them on standard pedals, not clipless, so I hope they are just as good for that.
My astro turf trainers have done me proud and I was tempted to go for another similar pair but if I can get the Agu's at the right price I will be happy.

Tommy2

Über Member
If I remember right the sole was fairly stiff and fairly smooth so might not provide much grip on a flat pedal compare to a soft soled trainer, that might change as you walk around in them though, if I get chance I will have a look at my wife's pair (cheeky) tomorrow, and may post a few pictures (of the shoes!!!)

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Thats great if you could please Tommy :okay:
If you can post pics of the shoes that would be good too :laugh:

Tommy2

Über Member
Here's some pics, the sole is actually very stiff.
Think they were £7.50 in the planet x sale when I bought them!!!

Attachments

• IMAG4841.jpg
    IMAG4841.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMAG4840.jpg
    IMAG4840.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMAG4839.jpg
    IMAG4839.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMAG4838.jpg
    IMAG4838.jpg