Albums from 1985 that still sound good today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Only one there that id still play is Dire Straits..I bought 4 of the 50 but I was a northern soul fan so chart was something I'd have no intrest in,still dont..

Last edited:
Reactions: TVC

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I bought none of them and listened to none of them apart from Dire Straights.. 1985 seemed to have passed me by while I was trying to keep my head above water as a probationary teacher.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've got about 8 of those but I've got other LPs that were released in 85 and I still play all of my albums when I want to hear them.
My HiFi and music collection is vinyl biased though with my cassette deck being the 2nd best and CD/ Minidisc at the lowest end of my listening preference although I own over 300 CDs

AndyRM

XOXO
Not a bad list to be fair. Considering I was born that year and own a lot of those albums they must have stood the test of time!

Skinny Puppy's 'Bites' should be on there though.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I haven't even heard of most of the artists, let alone albums. Don't really listen to albums anymore, but I'd have tracks from the Dire Straits, Tom Waits, Talking Heads, Everything but the Girl and Waterboys on mp3 players. Didn't know Dexy's Midnight Runners ever made an album. Come on Eileen, Eileeen to-loo-ry-ay, come on, Eileeen to-loo-ry-ay.....

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Neither is Rum, Sodomy and the Lash by the Pogues

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I had the Kate Bush, Dire Straits, Propaganda, The Cult, 10,000 Maniacs, The Waterboys, Grace Jones, Suzanne Vega. One or two of them may have been my brother's. My brother definitely had Sade.

Top Bottom