Alcohol and airports

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I see so many stories on the internet about people misbehaving at airports and on aeroplanes after having too much alcohol and cannot help but wonder why the authorities cannot sort this out.

There was a video clip going around last week of a man urinating on the seat in front of him. The easy answer would be to stop selling alcohol at airports and on aeroplanes. But I would imagine that would cut into someones profits.

Introducing random breath tests at the check in would work. Set the limit at the drink drive limit and if you fail you dont fly.

I like a drink. But I can never recall having a drink at an airport and I drink coffee on the flight. Its fine by me.

It will not be too long before one of these alcohol problems causes a big problem on an aeroplane. I hope Im not on it.

screenman

Legendary Member
Some people need a drink to help them get on a plane, I do not buy always have one or two before boarding as I find it helps while away some time. We have started using executive lounges now, which we find nicer and more comfortable, funny that even though you help yourself to drink nobody seems to go silly on it, in our experience.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
A Welsh lamb going to a slaughterhouse in Spain probably has a more pleasant "travel experience" than a Ryanair punter making the same trip. Is it any wonder that the humans anaesthetise themselves with alcohol to lessen the pain?

BTW, I draw the line at pissing on fellow passengers.
I really dont see where people get this from. Unless it is from the Daily Mail.

I fly with Ryanair about half a dozen times every year. I have done for years. Sometimes with my bike. It is like getting on and off a bus. You get exactly what it says in their blurb. Its cheap, its clean, its easy, its no frills. It actually tells you its no frills. The people who cock it up are those who dont read the instructions.

I dont know how simpler they could make it.

I paid a tenner return to Malta from Denmark recently. No problem at all. It goes up, it comes down. You get off. Repeat and return.

mustang1

Guru
The only problem I've had with one of hte cheaper airlines (cant recall which one so I dont want to name them) was cramped legroom but I would still fly with them. There is another cheap airline (I think it was ryanair) that has reasonable legroom and I too with fly with them again.

The only thing I dislike is if they introduce having to pay to use the washrooms but come to think of it, it might shorten the queues.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I cant imagine being on a plane with say a load of football shouty types. If the team loses the flight home should be ok :smile:
I'm a need a few shorts to cope with a plane flight terrifies me ..
I've not been to a airport since 2007 , not missed the awful experience at all

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
The only thing I dislike is if they introduce having to pay to use the washrooms but come to think of it, it might shorten the queues.

I think that is another Daily Mail headline. But the CEO does release bizzare things when it gets a bit quiet. He has said in the past that even bad publicity is good publicity. He suggested removing all the seats to get more people in. You would have as much legroom as you needed then ^_^

People get drunk at airports because it's holiday syndrome. They probably do it every weekend by habit.
I've never understood downing pints at 6am but some do. Dutch courage I suppose (no offence @steveindenmark ).

As for Ryanair, obey the rules and you're fine. They're the same as the rest only louder. Adding 30 mins to the flight time estimate then playing a fanfare on landing 30 mins 'early' is clever marketing.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
BTW, I draw the line at pissing on fellow passengers.

You can't buy that kind of class.. ..:laugh:

I blame the decline in hat wearing .

generalstandards[1].gif

Top Bottom