Aldi Air Fryer Offer.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
As per title......from July 13th Aldi have an air fryer on offer for £49.99.
I use my AF regularly so this may be of interest to some.

a.twiddler

Veteran
Just before Christmas they had something similar. Our local branch had maybe two in stock which sold out as soon as they opened, and on asking staff they said that other branches had a similar situation, with people queuing outside waiting for them to open. Sounds like it was a teaser to encourage customers who might then buy something else to reduce their disappointment at a wasted journey.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Just before Christmas they had something similar. Our local branch had maybe two in stock which sold out as soon as they opened, and on asking staff they said that other branches had a similar situation, with people queuing outside waiting for them to open. Sounds like it was a teaser to encourage customers who might then buy something else to reduce their disappointment at a wasted journey.

Aldi's model is to entice people in with the specials. That is where 90% of the profit comes from.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
That is where 90% of the profit comes from.

I'd be surprised if 90% of profit came from such a small section of the store.

Obviously, every item has a different margin, but if you stand in an Aldi checkout queue most of the trolleys are full of groceries.

And they aren't going to make much from the air fryer offer if each store only gets a handful.

Mike_P

Guru
The good thing about electrical/electronic amongst other stuff from Aldi and Lidl is that they have an automatic 3 year guarantee and in my experience no real hassle in either getting a replacement sent or a refund. The one thing to make sure is that you photo or scan the receipt as after say 2 and a half years when a claim is needed the chance of the original receipt still be legible is probably very limited.

Aldi, and presumably Lidl, go to a food supplier and get a good deal on the basis that, say, tomato ketchup, is the only one they stock and hence the turnover is that much greater than Tesco etc where there are numerous brands and sizes within those brands.

Some centre isle goods are annoying being such. Aldis own Toblerone for instance really ought to be a stock item rather than a Christmas one.

MontyVeda

I'd be surprised if 90% of profit came from such a small section of the store.

Obviously, every item has a different margin, but if you stand in an Aldi checkout queue most of the trolleys are full of groceries.

And they aren't going to make much from the air fryer offer if each store only gets a handful.

The special buys take up over a third of the three stores I've worked in. It's not a small section, it's what the business revolves around. There are many more special buys than just the airfryer mentioned in the OP, but i think you know this already.

Mike_P

Guru
The special buys take up over a third of the three stores I've worked in. It's not a small section, it's what the business revolves around. There are many more special buys than just the airfryer mentioned in the OP, but i think you know this already.

They do but I would think the turnover and profit from the rest of the store is not insignificant. They are quick to drop lines that are not shifting enough stock quickly enough. Have a lost count the number of time Aldi have dropped and then decided to restock cornflour. Currently seems to be in favour.

MontyVeda

They do but I would think the turnover and profit from the rest of the store is not insignificant. ...
Aldi makes pence on the groceries and pounds on the special buys. If it wasn't for special buys, the groceries would be more expensive.
As an example; 150 fillet steaks makes the same profit as a single £5 doormat.

... They are quick to drop lines that are not shifting enough stock quickly enough. Have a lost count the number of time Aldi have dropped and then decided to restock cornflour. Currently seems to be in favour.
There's a lot of items which get dropped for no other reason than making space for seasonal items. Shelf space is finite after all. As an example, they have to stop stocking certain frozen lines in order to make space for fifty different types of ice lollies in the summer.

I've no idea what the crack is with cornflour, it comes and goes randomly, much to the annoyance of customers.

Mike_P

Guru
Lidl manage to stock cornflour all year. Their packaging is bit awkward however with the flour bag slightly glued to the inside of the carton. I carefully tear the carton away so that the bag is more easily controlled when pouring flour than in the box.

Top Bottom