Aldi cycle clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buddha

Veteran
The baselayer isn't bad. I tried it out yesterday, under a jacket. Worked out quite well at keeping me dry, especially on the back - must be all those fancy mesh-type panels.
On the other hand, I don't think much of the socks. No better than the summer socks I usually wear at keeping toes warm.

Toeclip

Guru
My local Aldi is normally pretty good with cycling clothing but not this time, so I came away with nothing!

BearPear

Veteran
I got the bibs in size small - I'm a petite lady (5'4") and I am happy with the fit. Probably not a super-snug fit, but close enough. Not been out in them yet because they are going away for my birthday!

Mike_P

Guru
Picked up a jersey today, great fit around the torso but arm length seems a bit on the long side.It was the only large red left in two Aldi stores in Leeds I visited, plenty of blue ones however. One store has a lot of the trousers but nothing else, the other had a few bibs left and baselayer pants, which I also purchased. Did not notice any baselayer tops, jackets or socks in either. The variable stocks were evident on other items, none of their well recommended "luxury"mince pies or Xmas cake at Meanwood but stacks at Beeston.

potsy

Rambler
Tried the bib-tights today, am quite impressed for the money.
I know what Hacienda means about the thinness of the pad but for short-ish weekend rides in the winter they should be perfect.

WIll try the base layer longs tomorrow under my normal Altura summer tights, going to be quite cold so should be a good test :cold:

Mike_P

Guru
Puzzled over Aldis labelling of the baselayers as layer 1 and both the jersey and jacket as layer 3, what woukd layer 2 be then?

400bhp

Guru
Tried the bib-tights today, am quite impressed for the money.
I know what Hacienda means about the thinness of the pad but for short-ish weekend rides in the winter they should be perfect.

WIll try the base layer longs tomorrow under my normal Altura summer tights, going to be quite cold so should be a good test :cold:

Good when the temp is below about 4 deg.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Anyone had any issues with the bibs ?

After 4 rides, the lycra on the seat area has bubbled really badly, and I can see it holing within the week ? Nothing wrong with my saddles as my other bibs haven't done this !

potsy

Rambler
Anyone had any issues with the bibs ?

After 4 rides, the lycra on the seat area has bubbled really badly, and I can see it holing within the week ? Nothing wrong with my saddles as my other bibs haven't done this !
Am just washing mine now but will report back afterI've used them a few more times, not good if they are all like that :sad:

Top Bottom