Aldi rear camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
How often do you think you would use it as a camera?

I have been riding nearly 60 years and have never been hit from behind yet. If I were hit from behind I still wouldnt buy one. I wouldnt buy one of those blow up accident collars or body armour.

Out of the many thousands of these cameras that are probably sold. I wonder how many actually provide footage that result in a successful conviction and compensation, following an accident. Miniscule I would imagine.

But it is not my money, its yours :smile:

What is it like as a light?
Really Steve? Have a Snickers, you seem hungry. I have as it happens been hit from the rear and left upside down in multiple shapes in a ditch. Unfortunately it was a blatant hit n run, I have no idea of the reg no or indeed any proof it even happened. (I was relatively fine and bartape was easily replaces)

Simple fact is, I could have easily reported the incident had I had a camera - I do now, and never ride without it on

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Really Steve? Have a Snickers, you seem hungry. I have as it happens been hit from the rear and left upside down in multiple shapes in a ditch. Unfortunately it was a blatant hit n run, I have no idea of the reg no or indeed any proof it even happened. (I was relatively fine and bartape was easily replaces)

Simple fact is, I could have easily reported the incident had I had a camera - I do now, and never ride without it on
Have you been hit since?:smile:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I've lost all respect I had for @steveindenmark since he thought his addition to this thread was in anyway positive or helpful

If the cameras seem to be that useful. Is there not a way that this can be made more public so that car drivers are more aware that cyclists carry cameras?

As you know we do not have lock down fever in Denmark :laugh: Maybe I have made you aware of that.

Last edited:

broady

Veteran
@steveindenmark it has been advertised on many platforms that some cyclists are insured and also some have camera's.
I just don't understand why you feel that having video footage couldn't be a positive in any way shape or form.
You completely baffle me

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Avon & Somerset are publicising the outcome of my report on their Twitter feed & showing my rear footage - as well as releasing stats on what they've done with uploaded footage reports. These tweets are often picked up by the press.

View: https://twitter.com/ASPRoadSafety/status/1251111944188317699

So yes awareness is increasing.

My wife overheard another school Mum complaining to her friend about having to do a driving course because of a pesky cyclist she overtook too close having cameras. She hadn't timed her overtake to avoid an oncoming Mitsubishi Shogun.

We ascertained that the cyclist in question was myself. She's blathering on to various people about getting reported so all of them will also know to exercise greater care.

Sharky

Guru
One of the times I wondered why someone behind me was tooting then shouting like crazy at a busy junction, and it revealed he has seen his pal on the corner.

That's happened to me. Some motorist beeping like mad behind me at a T juction. Turned round, expecting an argument and it was one of my old work mates - and we had a nice chat before pulling away.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
If the cameras seem to be that useful. Is there not a way that this can be made more public so that car drivers are more aware that cyclists carry cameras?

As you know we do not have lock down fever in Denmark :laugh: Maybe I have made you aware of that.
Doesn't have to be Hi-Vis either.

Rob Sandison

How often do you think you would use it as a camera?

I have been riding nearly 60 years and have never been hit from behind yet. If I were hit from behind I still wouldnt buy one. I wouldnt buy one of those blow up accident collars or body armour.

Out of the many thousands of these cameras that are probably sold. I wonder how many actually provide footage that result in a successful conviction and compensation, following an accident. Miniscule I would imagine.

But it is not my money, its yours :smile:

What is it like as a light?
Hey Steve,
They are great lights & video production Steve. ... Our Police in Toowoomba Queensland Aus regular fine motorists'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom