aldi - what did you get?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I tested out the re-chargeable LED rear light on this afternoon's ride. The conditions were bright sunshine but with contrasting deep dark shadows in the shade - conditions that make me as nervous as fog does. Now you see me - now you don't. My companions said the light was conspicuous even in sunshine. Might be co-incidental, but we had no problems with close-passers or badly-behaved traffic. For £9 I think they are great - and very light too.

vickster

Legendary Member
Hence my comment about not leaving the house unless youre kevlar'd up like Judge Dredd :tongue: 30years ago this place used to be a nice area, Now its worse than hackney
Hackney has been partly poshed up, I'm not sure Tottenham ever will be....time to move?

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Hackney has been partly poshed up, I'm not sure Tottenham ever will be....time to move?

Well, If you're offering to rehouse me in a nice area highgate/Finchley or High Barnet would be nice! I want one of them houses with a small lit up driveways and small water fountain in the middle :tongue:

I think Tottenham will eventually be poshed up. Currently Haringey Council has been moving a lot of hipsters into the stamford hill area to combat the overpopulation of Jews there. Its only a matter of time before Stamford Hill collapses under the mass of self indulgent egos and the excess rolls down the hill towards Tottenham.

Its something that will happen eventually.... another 30years perhaps? Though by the time I'll probably have jumped country and emigrated overseas.

steve keay

Über Member
Last week I got the lobster mits, a few gels to try and a winter jacket.but alas no Garmins to be seen.........went back this evening to do the weekly shop and what did I spy... a Garmin sat in the display case. Turns out they got theirs delivered late and I managed to snap up the last one :smile:

3narf

For whom the bell dings
:smile:

I'm going this afternoon! Hoping to get a step ladder and some date & walnut bread.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I wore the merino top on a century ride yesterday with a gilet on top. During the afternoon when the sun was out and things warmed up I didn't overheat at all, and then in the evening when the temperature dropped I didn't get cold at all. This is the first merino top I've owned and have to say I was highly impressed.
I also didn't get any nipple-rub, which was nice. :smile:

I didn't know they sold nipple-rub!

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I hate the Aldi checkouts! I only buy a few items, usually a few bottles of beer, mixed nuts, beetroot, bananas and choc ices. I always get the one behind who wants to sit on your shoulder while you pay with cash. How come they don't do it to those who use a card to pay? They stand right next to you as if to say get a move on, you've had your 10 seconds allocated packing time. Their shop assistants are just as bad. If you give them change instead of a note they kind of shake their hands as you give them the coins, as if to say get a fecking move on ffs!! Get 'em in then get 'em out, should be Aldi's motto.:thumbsdown:

I CAN'T ABIDE people who stand too near to me in queues. It makes me incandescent with rage.

I'm generally very easy going but I have to bite my tongue or I'll end up getting arrested.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I CAN'T ABIDE people who stand too near to me in queues. It makes me incandescent with rage.

I'm generally very easy going but I have to bite my tongue or I'll end up getting arrested.
Bugs me too..............and then you get the trolley nudgers. You are standing patiently waiting your turn and you feel a trolley getting dug into your back. I am sure these are the same people who probably tail gate you in their cars.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Bugs me too..............and then you get the trolley nudgers. You are standing patiently waiting your turn and you feel a trolley getting dug into your back. I am sure these are the same people who probably tail gate you in their cars.
Exactly so! What he said.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
And it's 10x as bad when the chimp standing one inch behind you smells like they spend all day in a '70s pub

Top Bottom