aldi - what did you get?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slioch

Guru
I wore the merino top on a century ride yesterday with a gilet on top. During the afternoon when the sun was out and things warmed up I didn't overheat at all, and then in the evening when the temperature dropped I didn't get cold at all. This is the first merino top I've owned and have to say I was highly impressed.
I also didn't get any nipple-rub, which was nice. :smile:

yellow bike

for me:
  • lobster mitts
  • arm warmers
  • waterproof sock
  • drink tablets
for cycling son:
  • leg warmers
  • gloves
Going to day

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Good luck, both shops besides me have sold a fair bit of the useful stuff. On the subject of lights though, my rear has lost the small rubber cover for the charging point :sad: Not a good start, hopefully not cause too much of an issue.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Good luck, both shops besides me have sold a fair bit of the useful stuff. On the subject of lights though, my rear has lost the small rubber cover for the charging point :sad: Not a good start, hopefully not cause too much of an issue.

Wrapping the rear light in cling film will help protect the charging point

G3CWI

Veteran
I wore my Aldi winter jersey for my early ride today. Pleased with it but...

I always hand wash my gear after a ride and the colour came out of the jersey very badly indeed - and this was with quite cool water. Be careful if you wash yours in a machine!

blackcountrytone

I got 3 GT 85,3 muck off chain cleaner,3 chain oil , cloth's to small for me ,OH and 4 tin's of Baked Beans = Bean's ON Toast Monday,Bubble Bath Tuesday.

400bhp

Guru
I wore the merino top on a century ride yesterday with a gilet on top. During the afternoon when the sun was out and things warmed up I didn't overheat at all, and then in the evening when the temperature dropped I didn't get cold at all. This is the first merino top I've owned and have to say I was highly impressed.
I also didn't get any nipple-rub, which was nice. :smile:

Bought a merino top too. First one like you and was sceptical. 2 days commuting in from temps of 6 to 17 and warm enough for just a normal short sleeve top and gilet ( at 6 deg).

Still not smelling, which is a first for me with 2 day old baselayers.

Top Bottom