aldi - what did you get?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Schneil

Veteran
My experience of Aldi and Lidls fruit has been poor, so if it comes from the same place, they are doing something to it once it arrives at the store. It might be cheaper, but that's no good if it ends up in the bin because it is or tastes rotten! Get a bad apple in a bag from another supermarket, you can take it back. I've never seen a customer service desk in Aldi or Lidl. And none of the stores are that close, so it would cost me more in time to take something back so it would just be binned. The worst thing I bought was a bag of prepared salad leaves from lidl, odd taste and not fresh

I can't imagine my average shop would be any less from Aldi than Asda or Tesco, well it might be because I can't buy what I want to buy, and that certainly isn't luxury food

Their Heinz ketchup up is as good as others however, but then it's no cheaper ;) in fact I think brands are often more

My complaint with Aldi fruit and veg is its the way its packaged. It;s smothered in cling film, so it can't breathe and is off by the time you get home.
I try go to my local greengrocer when I can. I pick what I want, it lasts longer and it's often cheaper.

Hyslop

Veteran
As a matter of interest,what are the Aldi merino vests like?Some years ago,I bought a Merino mix jersey in the bike sale and it has performed really rather well,never seen them again mind you.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
The Moon copy lights if you like are bloody bright, grabbed one tonight but gonna grab another front and rear. Also grabbed some fluo gloves and arm warmers aong with GT85 , muc off etc. Still spent 40 squids :tongue:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I hate the Aldi checkouts! I only buy a few items, usually a few bottles of beer, mixed nuts, beetroot, bananas and choc ices. I always get the one behind who wants to sit on your shoulder while you pay with cash. How come they don't do it to those who use a card to pay? They stand right next to you as if to say get a move on, you've had your 10 seconds allocated packing time. Their shop assistants are just as bad. If you give them change instead of a note they kind of shake their hands as you give them the coins, as if to say get a fecking move on ffs!! Get 'em in then get 'em out, should be Aldi's motto.:thumbsdown:

Katherine

Guru
Very friendly and courteous staff in Walkden.

sight-pin

Veteran
At least Aldi and Lidl do some good bike stuff, can't say i'm impressed with the range on offer at other supermarkets, it's mainly rubbish.

JMAG

Über Member
I got the last Garmin in the shop at 8:30am, just ahead of a rather disgruntled gentleman. Also got a rain jacket and a packet of oat biscuits (hobnobs) for 35p (for the biscuits).

Postmanhat

Went in for the Merino top and workstand.

Came away with compression stuff, toolbox and yet another small, rear light, for just in cases.

Top Tip! Fan of the movie Tron and planning to go to a Sci-Fi convention? Save £££ by buying The Aldi compression top and bottoms.

Top Bottom