Aluminium for £1300 (Felt, Giant, Cube, Canyon or Scott)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
And marketing and branding...and someone to put it all together...and dealer margin and the postage :smile:

And when I got mine, with Veloce (and marketing and branding), for £800 then you can deffo see why £1500 seems a touch too much to me.

[edit]

Just to undermine my point and myself, I have just bought a frameset for £1900. :rolleyes:

Joffey

Big Dosser
The top Btwin Ultegra is £1050 not 1500. Great value if you don't mind the name.

Doh, amended! But what's wrong with the name? Surely we are beyond bullying people because they shop at Netto like we are back in the 90's?

Purchasing things from the likes of Decathlon, Lidl etc shows you are savvy and not some brand snob who pays more to look cool, without looking cool...

(PS not having a go at you, just don't get the name snobbery!)

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm sure its lovely, but being of Jewish heritage I cant buy a car from a firm owned by another firm that was founded by the Nazi party, and the firms recent emissions fraud shows they still don't care who dies, just so long as they dollar keeps rolling in.

The point was Skoda still has a slightly third rate image in some quarters, and in others is seen as a brand for people who'd quite like an Audi but can't afford one, yet they'd show off about a Skoda but decry a B-Twin. Still, their loss.

vickster

Legendary Member
I drive a Skoda, despite being of German Jewish heritage (grandfather). Petrol so no emissions issues

I wouldn't ride a Btwin as I find them as dull as dishwater to look at or just plain fugly :smile:

Take a look at Rose. Or not they have certainly increased in price, bloody brexit

Last edited:

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
I bought a giant defy 0 with ultegra from tredz during the 2015 TDF. Giant had a promo on which reduced the bike from £999 to £799, the tredz had a TDF special which knocked another £125 off.

£674 for an ultegra clad bike wasn't too shabby and reckon they'll do a similar promo this TDF

Top Bottom