Aluminium mudguards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roshi chris

...are there any on the market?

I hate plastic and although i would like to put guards on this winter I can't bring myself to soil my lovely hardy commuter with wobbly plastic crap.

Its a Kaffenback with cantilevers fitted so has loads of clearance.

Thanks in advance..

skwerl

Have a search for Salmon guards. A pain to fit apparently but very good and good for bikes without much clearance

skwerl

NickM said:
Plastic is a good material for mudguards. I had some Salmon mudguards once. They were a pain in the arse.

yep and I wouldn't describe SKS guards as "wobbly plastic crap". They're very good. Much better option than Salmons

skwerl

NickM said:
Plastic is a good material for mudguards. I had some Salmon mudguards once. They were a pain in the arse.

yep and I wouldn't describe SKS guards as "wobbly plastic crap". They're very good. Much better option than Salmons

OP
OP
roshi chris

roshi chris

Well I had some SKS Raceblades on a different bike and couldn't get used to them at all, a strong gust of wind and they were all over the place.

I take it the SKS full guards are better then?

Mind you I do like those Honjos..

OP
OP
roshi chris

roshi chris

Well I had some SKS Raceblades on a different bike and couldn't get used to them at all, a strong gust of wind and they were all over the place.

Mind you I do like those Honjos..

NickM

Veteran
roshi chris said:

They're excellent. Our household has them on lots of bikes. They last for years, look smart for a good few, and have never given any problems.

Raceblades are mudguards for bikes that aren't supposed to have mudguards. You can't really expect them to be much good.

NickM

Veteran
roshi chris said:

They're excellent. Our household has them on lots of bikes. They last for years, look smart for a good few, and have never given any problems.

Raceblades are mudguards for bikes that aren't supposed to have mudguards. You can't really expect them to be much good.

Top Bottom