Always been weight obsessed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sasquath

But like most riders I know.
Elitist ;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
i was agreeing with you - am pretty sure the old stuff is way tougher. Built in an age when there was still, just, a heritage of folk expecting stuff to last. I have several front XT mechs laid up - all bought second hand but they may still outlive me.

I re-read your reply ! My Ultegra/Dura Ace is way better made than the new stuff. It's been hammered for 30 years and still looks and works great.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Most definitely not

I think you need to book a wind tunnel session to be sure.

Venod

Eh up
Wish I hadn't read that... I am also 5ft 10in, but 165lb, no chocolate for me tonight
I had sneaked up to 178 Ib August 2020, I hadn't been on the scales for a long time and it came as a shock as I didn't feel overweight and was doing reasonable milage, 8000+ for 2020. but cycling is a lot easier with less weight, so I cut out chocolate and biscuits and here I am almost two stone lighter, when I was doing a lot of running, I was down to 146 Ib but I think this was a bit too light for 5' 10"

Last edited:

keithmac

Guru
I'm 5'10 and 76kg 168 lb? (to be fair with work clothes and boots on), wouldn't want to go any lighter than that personally.

Top Bottom