Am I the youngest cycle cammer in the UK?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Are you thinking of one north of the border who flouched off in a hissy fit?
I think I know who you're referring to, but no not him - I dont think he was a CC member or Scottish, or particularly high profile. :smile: I just recall someone posting one of this guys videos on here where he just wasnt riding at all defensively or not thinking he might not be seen when in a dodgy position, then being suprised and shouting at drivers.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
With nearly 600 known cammers on youtube, of which I attempt to watch most, I know there are users out there who have more 'incidences'.

O.o Madness...........

Reactions: gaz

400bhp

Guru
I seem to recall some guy who cycled around with terrible road positioning, getting himself into trouble all the time and his videos were pretty much him cycling around relentlessly shouting abuse at cars getting too close to him etc. No idea what his youtube name was though im pretty sure one of his vids was posted on CC, maybe Gaz knows who im thinking of :smile:

TesterAnimal or whatever he is called?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Highway Code 175:

MUST MUSTn't hard to tell the difference.:thumbsup:
It is worth noting that you shouldn't take what is said in the highway at face value, checking the legislation behind it is very important. In this case it isn't an issue.

But as an example: rule 191
You MUST NOT park on a crossing or in the area covered by the zig-zag lines. You MUST NOT overtake the moving vehicle nearest the crossing or the vehicle nearest the crossing which has stopped to give way to pedestrians.
But the legislation actually states
[B]TSRGD 28[/B] said:
A zig-zag line shall convey the requirement that, whilst any motor vehicle (in this regulation called “the approaching vehicle”) or any part of it is within the limits of a controlled area and is proceeding towards the signal-controlled crossing facility to which the controlled area relates, the driver of the vehicle shall not cause it or any part of it—
(a)to pass ahead of the foremost part of any other motor vehicle proceeding in the same direction; or
(b)to pass ahead of the foremost part of a vehicle which is stationary for the purpose of complying with the indication given by a traffic light signal for controlling vehicular traffic.

As such, motorists are allowed to overtake cyclists if someone isn't crossing. If the cyclist has stopped to let someone cross, then motorists are not allowed to overtake. Note that none of the above rule applies to cyclists.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I have enough problems remembering all my other gear I take out with me, I'd probably forget the bloody camera even if I had one ;)
it's a good point.

I genuinely struggle to find the appetite to fit my cam to the bike for commutes nowadays. Looking at it, my last true commute vid was back in May. It sometimes feels like I'm tempting fate to wear the cam and so more often dont want to.

I enjoy the process of making videos though and am always searching for opportunities to film stuff but I like to focus on positive subject matter for general publication.

Norm

Not hugely, it's just a remarkably (as in, it lead to me making a remark) strained use of English to avoid putting 'of' at the end of the phrase. I was wondering if you'd say it like that if you were speaking.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Not hugely, it's just a remarkably (as in, it lead to me making a remark) strained use of English to avoid putting 'of' at the end of the phrase. I was wondering if you'd say it like that if you were speaking.
Probably not. No doubt the poor sentence structure was down to my dyslexia. I don't have issues when speaking but occasionally when typing or writing.

Norm

Probably not. No doubt the poor sentence structure was down to my dyslexia. I don't have issues when speaking but occasionally when typing or writing.
Sorry, gaz, I'd forgotten about that. It just struck me as a self-conscious way of writing, you usually seem much more... I don't know... comfortable? informal?

Top Bottom