An egg thrown at me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Here is a video from yesterday showing an egg being thrown at me whilst cycling

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OMuRkwM3Txs

It's difficult to see in real time so I've added some slow motion.

No point in taking it further. Large group of 'youths' I don't know who threw it and I didn't really catch their faces very well anyway.

I take comfort in the fact that I have a life, a happy family, a good job etc and they don't. I almost feel sorry for them......almost.

Smeggers

You seem to have an awful lot of 'incidents' Magna!!

Is it because of that camera on your head?! :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Smeggers said:
You seem to have an awful lot of 'incidents' Magna!!

Is it because of that camera on your head?! ;)

This particular one has a lot to do with the area I am cycling through. Govan is where Rab C Nesbitt is reputed to come from. Say no more!:ohmy:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Smeggers said:
tad rough then.

Id take the Humvee next time!!!

The hospital where I work is in Govan so no avoiding it!

Actually this is the first trouble I've had from the locals. They generally keep their quarrels among themselves.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
What a rubbish shot ;). I have had a battery thrown at me (AA I think) however the low life chav scum are too thick to realise that if you throw something at a moving target then you need to aim it in front :biggrin:.

Really what are they teaching them in science class these days :ohmy:

hackbike 6

Hm think I would keep going.Had something thrown from across the road a stone or something (in Leyton)(a few years ago?) by a gang of "yewfs" and I just kept going.They missed anyway.It happens but it's rare thank god.

I was thankful I had my crash helmet on just in case the freak shot hit me there.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
What a rubbish shot ;). I have had a battery thrown at me (AA I think) however the low life chav scum are too thick to realise that if you throw something at a moving target then you need to aim it in front :biggrin:.

It was a poor shot. Actually I was impressed that it went in front of me. That suggests that I looked like I was going fast....:biggrin:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
"Nah, durty tramp tink he big man, best watch next time innit, BRRAAAP BRRAAAP"
Remember that if it happens again Magna;)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Joe24 said:
"Nah, durty tramp tink he big man, best watch next time innit, BRRAAAP BRRAAAP"
Remember that if it happens again Magna;)

Wouldn't work I'm afraid. Remember this is Glasgow. It would have to be something like:

Ahm, gonney pan yer heed in if ye doo that again ya wee bawbag.

Or you could try:

watchooterapolis which will send them scattering

or I could shout:

Hauners and hundreds of fellow Glasgow cyclists would come running to my aid!

;)

cntl

One of the reasons I am always wearing glasses: clean lenses and reinforced glass (designed for the manufacturing industry, but look normal and even cool).

cntl

Clanking noise from a new bike

EDIT: Oops...sorry...wanted to start a new thread:blush:

Tetedelacourse

Can't view YouTube at work but can't wait to see slow-mo egg fling tonight!

I'm disappointed you didn't pull over in a controlled manner, dismount, place hands on hips and say:

"Now guys, that was pretty irresponsible and dangerous behaviour, as you'll know from the Highway Code, section 4 parag 14, which states "...". Although I'm sure you chaps wouldn't engage in that sort of behaviour without good reason. Is everything OK at home? If you don't feel like opening up right now, I'm contactable on 0141 XXX XXXX. Take care fellas"

That, I feel, would be a just and inclusive response!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Tetedelacourse said:
Can't view YouTube at work but can't wait to see slow-mo egg fling tonight!

I'm disappointed you didn't pull over in a controlled manner, dismount, place hands on hips and say:

"Now guys, that was pretty irresponsible and dangerous behaviour, as you'll know from the Highway Code, section 4 parag 14, which states "...". Although I'm sure you chaps wouldn't engage in that sort of behaviour without good reason. Is everything OK at home? If you don't feel like opening up right now, I'm contactable on 0141 XXX XXXX. Take care fellas"

That, I feel, would be a just and inclusive response!

:ohmy:

No I just pointed to my camera and said they were on film and that I might contact the police. They didn't seem bothered, justifiably. My judo skills haven't yet taught me how to deal with 7 or 8 angry 'youths' so I decided to move on.;)

P.S. it's not that exciting!

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:

What we need is a war so the yoof of today can learn the art of the deflection shot in the RAF, then they might have a good chance of hitting something.

Top Bottom