An open letter to all condescending male chauvinist cyclists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@User33236 I am talking about random guys here, butting in in our group of ladies.
Today one complained because some of us were practicing no handed on am empty street that is part of a NCR.
Then he proceeded to skip a red light!
Truly, I would never tell another how to ride if I'm not leading them, I might give them the look if the cut me up or something, but that's it.

U

User33236

@User33236 I am talking about random guys here, butting in in our group of ladies.
Today one complained because some of us were practicing no handed on am empty street that is part of a NCR.
Then he proceeded to skip a red light!

Truly, I would never tell another how to ride if I'm not leading them, I might give them the look if the cut me up or something, but that's it.
One of these is being handled in a safe way the other isn't and would cause me to raise a vocal objection. I'll let you guess which :laugh:

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
[QUOTE 4754512, member: 9609"]sorry about that Pat, probably had a few too many beers again[/QUOTE]
Was it you again? :laugh: ;)

gaijintendo

Veteran
This thread made me feel like a dobber for offering someone a cruddy £1 rear elastic light because theirs was inadequate - on account of them being female. I guess I should maybe be more aware of how things are perceived, even if it's not how they are intended.

I have considered getting a bulk order from a Chinese retailer and just thrusting then upon the legion stealth cyclists of each and every gender. I hadn't really considered that action making me a dislikeable... and I'm really able to accept that I am dislikeable... but I still can't put my finger on exactly why.

I feel if you explain this to me, it might help in other facets of my life.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
This thread made me feel like a dick for offering someone a crappy quid rear elastic light because theirs was inadequate on account of them being female.
I have considered getting a bulk order from a Chinese retailer and just thrusting then upon the legion stealth cyclists of each and every gender. I hadn't really considered that making me a dislikeable... and I'm really able to accept that... but I still can't put my finger on exactly why.
I feel if you explain this to me, it might help in other facets of my life.
Poundworld do cheap lightsets for a pound.

Last edited:
Dear male cyclists,
A wee note to inform you that your attitude is rattling our mudguards.
From you, Hi-Vized to the extreme on a bright day, helmeted on the segregated path, riding on a shared pavement at 20mph, we don't want to hear comments about our cycling.
We don't want you to join us uninvited then commenting on our lack of helmets, we don't want you to tell us not to practice riding no handed on a deserted cycle route, we don't want you to teach us how to use our gears, we don't want you to coach us on how to coast to a stop when our chain comes off, we don't want you to lash out if we get in the way of your Strava segment, we also don't want you to assume we are new to cycling.
In fact, most of us are trained ride leader and year round commuters.
Regards,
The Glasgow Belles on Bikes.
What a ridiculous post.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
tar_brush.jpg

What a ridiculous post.

Thou doth protest too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom