An open letter to all condescending male chauvinist cyclists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
as they passed, one lad shouts "nice arse" at which point y 75 year old Mother in LAw leered at him with her best "gurn"

Pass the mind bleach!

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
@User33236 I am talking about random guys here, butting in in our group of ladies.
Today one complained because some of us were practicing no handed on am empty street that is part of a NCR.
Then he proceeded to skip a red light!
Truly, I would never tell another how to ride if I'm not leading them, I might give them the look if the cut me up or something, but that's it.
Perhaps you could have made that clear in your post.

It does just come across as a rant against all men.

Just sayin...

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
Really can't understand this male macho bollox in cycling. I love cycling but to be really good at it requires the upper body strength of a frozen haddock. Just tell the weedy little speed merchants to do one! Hope that's constructive.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Well said, Pat. And thank heavens there is at least one man out there who doesn't instantly live right down to all the old stereotypes:

:smooch:
The one where a man apologises on behalf of all men? Not in my name. I accept the premise of the OP and will examine my own attitude and behaviour accordingly, but I won't have somebody apologise on my behalf and neither am I able to apologise for the actions of others.

Really can't understand this male macho bollox in cycling. I love cycling but to be really good at it requires the upper body strength of a frozen haddock. Just tell the weedy little speed merchants to do one! Hope that's constructive.

It's in all sports and walks of life and is, quite frankly, pathetic to see.

Last edited:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I was out on the tandem and there was a group of young lads behind us.... as they passed, one lad shouts "nice arse" at which point y 75 year old Mother in LAw leered at him with her best "gurn"

He nearly fell off hs bike and was seriously ribbed by his mates for fancying geriatrics
When i was an apprentice the lads used to wolf whistle the girls when driving the vans , there was a fella locally that had lovely long blonde flowing hair . It used to crack me up when they used to whistle him and then realise it was a fella .

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
We don't want you to join us uninvited then commenting on our lack of helmets,
I used to argue politely with other cyclists who came out with that. Now my replies are scathingly sarcastic, generally managing to fit the word "MAMIL" in at some point. Should it happen during a food stop I also light a cigarette which has the effect of making them go white with fear.

I used to argue politely with other cyclists who came out with that. Now my replies are scathingly sarcastic, generally managing to fit the word "MAMIL" in at some point. Should it happen during a food stop I also light a cigarette which has the effect of making them go white with fear.

Yehuda Moon:

moon3.PNG

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
In my experience, it's only blokes who try to turn something as trivial as riding a bike (and many other things) into a willy waving contest... and more often than not, it's those who talk about cycling more than they actually go cycling. Last week i posted an 18 mile route on Facebook. It was a screenshot from google maps with the estimated time of 2hours 4mins... one friend claimed i was far too slow and suggested i go riding with him to get my speed up. I replied saying that I wanted to spend more time cycling, not less, but didn't bother pointing out that the time shown wasn't 'my' time... he can stay ignorant. Then there's things like It takes you how long to mend a puncture, I can do it in X seconds! Who gives a sh!t? And the My bike cost a grand! Wow, I'm really not bothered. Most folk have a thousand quid bike when they use the C2W scheme, and you still drive to work. It's just an extension of my dad's bigger than your dad stuff from primary school. Too many blokes struggle to grow out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom