An open letter to all condescending male chauvinist cyclists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry, Belles. it's the blokes who are being bells isn't it.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I objected to the behaviour of a man, only to be told that the incidents hadn't happened at all as I said, that I was subjective, delusional, overwrought, dishonest - in a nutshell, female.

Most of my life, I would have doubted myself and backed down. Having public standing
[as a writer] helped me stand my ground, but few women get that boost, and billions of women must be out there on this seven-billion person planet being told that they are not reliable witnesses to their own lives.

[QUOTE 4755165, member: 76"]You are happy with the pretext of the letter being only addressed to male cyclists.

You have just said that female cyclists don't behave like that.

Which of the above is wrong then?[/QUOTE]

Far too logical - will be dismissed as "mansplaining"

[QUOTE 4755215, member: 76"]Well, that proves that all male cyclists are obnoxious sexists right there. You should have mentioned it earlier, we could have saved 6 pages.

I have been stabbed with a knife, 3" deep in my right forearm, it was by a woman. Therefore all knife wielding maniacs are women yeah?[/QUOTE]
You know exactly what's meant in the OP and exactly what the problem is but for some reason you've chosen to make an argument out of it instead of saying, well that's not me but I know what Pat means and furthermore I understand her frustrations. Remind us what you do for a profession again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom