An open letter to all condescending male chauvinist cyclists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
The smart male chauvinists
The what now?

winjim

Smash the cistern
[QUOTE 4764566, member: 9609"]is it not all just a bad habit complaining about men, fair enough sexism existed once but we thankfully seem to have moved away from that - women seem to be in control of most things that are important now, look at the top three European economies all now run by women (or at least soon to be)[/QUOTE]
There are twice as many men named John as there are women CEOs of FTSE 100 companies.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/work/just-who-are-the-7-women-bosses-of-the-ftse-100/

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Maybe I should but I don't go round trying to tell people what to do.
Too many people on this thread wasting too much time worrying about what other people say IMO.
Anyone ever heard the phrase "sticks and stones"?
Life's too short.
Do whatever, everyone's different.
Sorry I just dont understand this. I'm not telling anyone what to do? Are you sure you are not confusing me with other posters. And are you suggesting that pat, or anyone shouldn't worry about what people say, should just ignore it...perhaps not respond at all.

I think your first line was spot on though.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I'm guessing there are more men named Mohammed than there are male and female ceos on the planet, or Md's for that matter.

Not sure the number of johns is at all relevant to your point.
What point do you think I'm trying to make?

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Sorry I just dont understand this. I'm not telling anyone what to do? Are you sure you are not confusing me with other posters. And are you suggesting that pat, or anyone shouldn't worry about what people say, should just ignore it...perhaps not respond at all.

I think your first line was spot on though.
Sorry it wasn't a direct response to you "telling people what to do" I'm sure you don't!

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
And are you suggesting that pat, or anyone shouldn't worry about what people say, should just ignore it...perhaps not respond at all.
Yeah pretty much, there will always be people like this both male and female in all walks of life, do you fester on it letting it spoil your life or just tell them straight (like the OP has done).
Coming on here (or any other media) won't make the slightest bit of difference to these "type" of people. Like I said life's too short, Just my opinion obviously.

Edit. Its mostly people who think they are more intelligent or more skilled or more experienced than others who do this though, you only have to look at posters on CC to see this in action :ph34r:

Last edited:

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
[QUOTE 4764684, member: 9609"]It is wrong to tell someone how to pedal their bike cause that is being pompous
But it is OK to tell someone how and what to think.[/QUOTE]
No mate, which is why I added "just my opinion".

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Yeah pretty much, there will always be people like this both male and female in all walks of life, do you fester on it letting it spoil your life or just tell them straight (like the OP has done).
Coming on here (or any other media) won't make the slightest bit of difference to these "type" of people. Like I said life's too short, Just my opinion obviously.

Edit. Its mostly people who think they are more intelligent or more skilled or more experienced than others who do this though, you only have to look at posters on CC to see this in action :ph34r:
if someone on here recognises some of that behaviour in themselves I think it might make some differenc. Even if they don't come on and say it.

At the very least it got people thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom