And now Skoda are at it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
It's a small harbour for mariners suffering OCD to be able to Dock in an emergency.

Right, thank you. I will go and buy one tomorrow.
Now, if I can just find an OCD shop thats still open after Wilko has closed.

I think you might be surprised how many people are rich enough and can comfortably afford it.
In the course of my career, I wrote about 6,500 Wills for everyone from single mums on benefits to multimillionaires. For each of those Wills, I have gone through the amount of money in their estate. I can tell you from my direct experience that very few people who own a brand new BMW can actually afford the ticket price of one. And of those that could, they would never buy a car you have to pay a subscription to use. Paying a subscription to use something you already own is something poor people do, that's one of the reasons they're poor.

Most new BMWs are leased by companies as a way to keep their employees feeling valued while keeping their wages lower.

markemark

Ăśber Member
In the course of my career, I wrote about 6,500 Wills for everyone from single mums on benefits to multimillionaires. For each of those Wills, I have gone through the amount of money in their estate. I can tell you from my direct experience that very few people who own a brand new BMW can actually afford the ticket price of one. And of those that could, they would never buy a car you have to pay a subscription to use. Paying a subscription to use something you already own is something poor people do, that's one of the reasons they're poor.

Most new BMWs are leased by companies as a way to keep their employees feeling valued while keeping their wages lower.

Which subscriptions are these? There might be some very low level data subscriptions for sims or live data these days but there are no subscriptions to BMW features. The data subscriptions are usually because they’re provided by 3rd parties and act like mobile data plans.
That’s not what this thread is about. It’s about cars having the options built in and paying to unlock them as it’s cheaper to do it that way than to build car variations.
Oh, I can afford to buy my ix1 outright (a whole range of them truth be told). Financing it through my business works out the most efficient way to buy it due to the tax advantages of an EV and the tax deductible interest I pay is less than the interest and investments I can make with the capital I can keep hold of.

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
Tesla charge for premium connectivity features after the first year of ownership. features like traffic information( green/ orange/red lines on the map, Streaming like Netflix. They did enable full time tethering from your own phones data, so Netflix issue can be circumnavigated.

I don't use my Tesla regularly enough or go far enough away to warrant paying for traffic information. Routes are calculated with traffic but aren't not displayed.

Fortunately, my wife's model 3 has lifetime traffic data. My car has free lifetime supercharging so we use my car for longer trips.

Jameshow

Veteran
Netflix has no place in a car.

In the front row of a car certainly...

We had a dvd set that if you turned off the ignition or went over a speed hump the dvd would restart from the beginning!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
In the front row of a car certainly...

We had a dvd set that if you turned off the ignition or went over a speed hump the dvd would restart from the beginning!

Ok well if in rear then all controls for it should in rear and not accessible to someone driving. I’d also advocate must be listened to on headphones if they must, so doesn’t distract driver.

Bit like the pilot of an airplane shouldn’t be fiddling around selecting your mid flight movie options.

Oh, I can afford to buy my ix1 outright (a whole range of them truth be told). Financing it through my business works out the most efficient way to buy it due to the tax advantages of an EV and the tax deductible interest I pay is less than the interest and investments I can make with the capital I can keep hold of.

A new car is a stupid purchase. It devalues massively when you drive it out of the dealership.

If you want to make one as a vanity purpose it's your money, but I doubt most people who could afford one would buy one.

I don't own one, which is part of the reason I no longer have to write Wills for people like you. :okay:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
A new car is a stupid purchase. It devalues massively when you drive it out of the dealership.

Unless you plan to squeeze every mile you can out of it and keep it until the wheels fall off.

I cancelled my new Dacia, grudgingly. I don't want to be taking finance at my age, which I'd have had to do with the new house purchase. When it was ordered it would have been a cash sale, and I'd have kept it until I gave up driving, but the subsequent decision to mkve takes priority.

Top Bottom