And now Skoda are at it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Unless you plan to squeeze every mile you can out of it and keep it until the wheels fall off.

No. With the exception of a little blip a couple of years ago when new cars were unavailable, you would be better buying one that's a year old for significantly less money.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
No. With the exception of a little blip a couple of years ago when new cars were unavailable, you would be better buying one that's a year old for significantly less money.

No, not at all.

I once bought a new Peugeot and traced it a year and 7000 miles later for only £155 less than I'd bought it, and the next one for only £250 less. Anyone buying them at a year old would be a mug with those numbers.

There's no way buying a year old is any better in any regard when some manufacturers will discount so heavily below RRP on new tin. Even if you can't get much or any discount you're losing a year of manufsfture warranty and don't know who's been driving it or how its been treated.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Really cheap actually. HP inkjet printer about 40 quid to buy and 99p a month allows me to print more than I need and never buy another cartridge again. Been on this deal for years and years, it is the mutts nutts.......

Yep we do the same but must admit we pay a bit more for the 500+ printing that we do but still cheaper than buying cartridges

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
On the Photoshop thing, it's £20 a month. Or £199 a year. The full Cloud suite is £600 for a year.

The last time I bought Adobe software, in dayes of yore version CS2 (on actual discs!) , it was about £700 each for Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. Plus I bought the Macromedia suite before Adobe (annoyingly) gobbled them up, which was about £1,000.

I reckon you're getting a lot more for your money these days with them so it's not all bad.

markemark

Über Member
On the Photoshop thing, it's £20 a month. Or £199 a year. The full Cloud suite is £600 for a year.

The last time I bought Adobe software, in dayes of yore version CS2 (on actual discs!) , it was about £700 each for Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. Plus I bought the Macromedia suite before Adobe (annoyingly) gobbled them up, which was about £1,000.

I reckon you're getting a lot more for your money these days with them so it's not all bad.

Software are going subscription partly due to the huge amount of theft due to pirating. Not fool proof by any means but it is helping the software industry.

albion

Guru
Software are going subscription partly due to the huge amount of theft due to pirating. Not fool proof by any means but it is helping the software industry.
Everything revolves around built in obscelescence. Thus the ever increasing car repair costs increasing insurance bills. Those mass car park fires do not help either.

markemark

Über Member

Alex321

Veteran
Everything revolves around built in obscelescence. Thus the ever increasing car repair costs increasing insurance bills. Those mass car park fires do not help either.

I'm not really coinvinced about that. Cars generally are FAR more reliable now, and last much longer than they did 30-40 years ago.

They do cost more to repair when crashed, but that isn't down to built in obsolescence, it is down to additional complexity, and sealed units that need the whole thing replacing rather than just a small part.

Jameshow

Veteran
I'm not really coinvinced about that. Cars generally are FAR more reliable now, and last much longer than they did 30-40 years ago.

They do cost more to repair when crashed, but that isn't down to built in obsolescence, it is down to additional complexity, and sealed units that need the whole thing replacing rather than just a small part.

Come on the BL products were far superior! Lucas prince of darkness and all that!!🤣🤣

Top Bottom