..and that's why clubs scare me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
I wish there was a club like that around my way (Newcastle Upon Tyne). The lowest average they expect is 16mph. I can do this at a distance of 20 - 25 miles but do not know if I could do it for 50 - 60 miles which is the lowest distance they do

There will be one, you have just not looked hard enough. Most clubs have members who organise small or slower rides to suit their abilities.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I wish there was a club like that around my way (Newcastle Upon Tyne). The lowest average they expect is 16mph. I can do this at a distance of 20 - 25 miles but do not know if I could do it for 50 - 60 miles which is the lowest distance they do

There is generally a lot going on in a club besides the typical rides listed on their websites.

MarkF

Guru
Bear Pear, was it that snooty Ilkley lot? :smile: I'll live near you, I used to use the old Air Valley road to get used to distances and do short climbs off it in a loop and back down, East Morton, Silsden, Bradley etc FWIW I don't think your description of the ride is what I'd expect as a beginner.

I'd like to join East Bradford CC but I can't stand their jerseys.^_^

OP
OP
BearPear

BearPear

Veteran
MarkF - it wasn't Ilkley, but we saw a few out & about who were very cheery! I'm glad that you think that my description of the ride wasn't the norm for beginners - I was beginning to think I was the unreasonable one.

East Bradford CC has been around quite a long time, but that's no excuse not to revamp their shirts...

Top Bottom