Android phone GPS ride-mapping app...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Just about to get my first smartphone - HTC - and I'm wondering what's the easiest ride-mapping app I could go for - mapmyride, endomondo etc ?

All recommendations welcomed.

rusky

CC Addict

calibanzwei

Endomondo user here - never had a problem myself (other apps have cut-out mid use and not tracked the ride), however average/top speeds seem a little high so I guess okay if used with a proper cycle comp. Plenty of Endy users on here - we have our own Challenge group.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Just search for Cyclechat then join the team. There are monthly challenges. Not doing well this month myself as been off the bike for over a week with a nasty virus :-(

Terry Kay

Another Endomondo convert! Used a few apps but it's definitely my favourite.. Mrs loves it as it posts on my fb when I set off and she can track my progress! Though I'll have to start carrying extra innertubes to explain any stops.. "I was in the carpar, honestly!"

Tried joining the group but need to log in via fb so I'll do from home..

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
After using Google MyTracks (great but no calorie info) for years alongside my Holux gpsport 245 (awesome battery life but lousy stats) I've just been out on a quick lunchbreak ride that I tracked using Endomondo on my HTC Desire, and I love it! It gives me the 'joined up' approach to fitness tracking that I was previously cobbling together using two different devices. I guess I'll still use the Holux on long rides as the battery life is remarkable - I track three rides a day and a long weekend ride on one battery charge, there's no way I'm going to get that from my phone!

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I'm getting better at starting the ride as fast as possible after starting endomondo but I do take a little while to put the phone safely away and get my gloves on.. that american chick needs to give me much more than ten seconds !

Top Bottom