Angry threats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Finally got to watch it. No idea what his problem was, but I have a nasty feeling he may have been one of your 'admirers' from YouTube. Why did he follow you and then turn back the way he came ? Very, very weird.

And I fail to hear what Mr Hippo heard in your 'tone of voice'. He's obviously not familiar with the Glaswegian accent. The first "why" was just a general, pally one. The rest just had you sounding exasperated and progressively more bamboozled, wondering what the heck he was on about. There was no aggression, just puzzlement.

Maybe only those familiar with the accent can get these nuances ?

Milo

Guru
YAs patters kek

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Report it, tell em it was so out of order, the way he comes after you, mounts the kerb, reverses into oncoming traffic, you're worried not only about this incident, but if this is indicative of his attitude on the road generally.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
mr_hippo said:
Here I go again, wasting my time with Magnatom Fan Club!

Yes, why are you wasting all of our time??

mr_hippo said:
You do a lot of your cycling in fairly light urban traffic so you can expect a few near misses. Learn to live with it!

Why should any of us have to put with such things??;)

Maz

Guru
Seen the vid now, Mag. I don't get it at all.

Also, when was the beeping and when did he ask you to pull over? Can't hear any of that in the vid. I reckon he was just peed cos he couldn't get past you.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just barsteward git's in charge of a car....that's it !

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Rhythm Thief said:
I think it's just that there's some oddballs out there. It's not necessarily anything to do with the bike.

Probably, I wouldn't like an oddball who exhibits this kind of behaviour to retain his licence tho?

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
magnatom said:
I have never ever driven that far up on a pavement. Trust me both wheels where at least 1.5 metres on the pavement.
Really? Stop the clip at about 01:42. now follow the line of the pavement down from the 'parked' car just beyond the lights - the rear wheels are not on the pavement!
It's not a silly question. It proves that this gentleman was driving in a dangerous manner. You obviously agree...So now clipping the kerb is "driving in a dangerous manner? I don't agree that clipping the kerb is dangerous driving.
Did you look that up on the internet? :angry:
No, I learnt that in primary school!
It's funny that people often tend to say that when they are loosing (?) an argument. Go on, set a poll. ask how many people agree with what you are saying. You are just trolling. Very enjoyable trolling, but you are just trolling none the less. You only ever come into commuting to try and berate me. Do you not like me? Have I offended you? Are you my personal web stalker? In fact that makes sense, you wrote the Bawbag Cyclist web site didn't you!
Be careful your paranoia is showing.
Oh I bow down at your feet. You must commute in much heavier traffic and so are soooo much more worthy!
Much heavier traffic - we came back from a local shopping mall in a taxi a few nights ago - 5kms in 55 minutes.
QUOTE]
Hairy Jock said:
Why should any of us have to put with such things??:angry:
It's a 'penalty' for living in civilisation. Do you live in isolation? Have you accidentally bumped into someone when you have been shopping or in a queue or someone bump into you? Any near misses? In an ideal world, motorists would leave enough room for us, never open doors on us, etc but it is not an ideal world, is it? Learn to cope and deal with your surroundings.

Looking at the video again, the motorists allegedly 'toots' at poor Magnatom who is annoyed for some reason, does not complete the right turn, stops the bike in a dangerous position and screams at the driver. This is not rational behaviour, is it? There are plenty of cyclists who ride more miles than you do but why is it you who has so many 'incidents'? As I said before, you need either Prozac or anger management - maybe both!

Top Bottom