Angry threats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spindrift

It is an illegal manouver to do so, so not best practice if you are criticising someone elses on film.

What law's that then?

Muppet, confine yourself to self-gratifying over your horse box, you know shoot about cycling.

Maz

Guru
This aint Soapbox, fellas.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
magnatom said:
No mr_hippo, two wheels were on the pavement. Your wrong.Can you finish the sentence 'Your wrong....' Watch as the car reverses back off of the pavement, you can see a slight bounce as the cars front right wheel comes off the pavement, followed by the left wheel. I look forward to you admitting you were wrong :evil:
I will admit when I am wrong if I am wrong but, in this case, I am not!
I don't follow what you mean by this 'What a very strange reaction, waiting for the car to come back!' Please expand on this and I will answer your point. If you did not wait, please explain:-
magnatom said:
he then went down a side street to loop back around to carry on in his original direction.
and is that the same as:-
magnatom said:
After he drove away he actually did a big circle to go back the way he was originally heading (I didn't quite catch that on camera).How convenient!

spindrift

Why the verbal diarrhoea then ?

Because claiming dishonestly that magna broke the law wastes peoples' time pointing out your error, is a slur on magna, and disrupts the debate.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

linfordlunchbox said:
Not a personal dig so don't take it that way magnatom, but you filtered up alongside the silver estate car (toyota ?) on the pedestrian crossing. It is an illegal manouver to do so, so not best practice if you are criticising someone elses on film.

No dig taken! :sad: You'll notice that there are two lanes at the roundabout and in fact the bit of road I was on is treated as two lanes by cars (in fact I have seen two buses side by side at this point so plenty of space), although there aren't any markings there. It would be dangerous for me to sit behind the car because that is effectively the right turn lane and I would have swerve to my left on approach to the roundabout and cars can approach that roundabout quite fast. I knew the car was turning right because of his road position. If he did decide to move over to the left I would have plenty of space and time to react and adjust accordingly.

Anyway I don't think this would be classed as filtering as I didn't pass any cars, I pulled up beside a car, so not illegal I'm afraid!

Nice try linford. Not quite as amusing as hippo, but nice try :evil::biggrin:

LLB

magnatom said:
No dig taken! :sad: You'll notice that there are two lanes at the roundabout and in fact the bit of road I was on is treated as two lanes by cars (in fact I have seen two buses side by side at this point so plenty of space), although there aren't any markings there. It would be dangerous for me to sit behind the car because that is effectively the right turn lane and I would have swerve to my left on approach to the roundabout and cars can approach that roundabout quite fast. I knew the car was turning right because of his road position. If he did decide to move over to the left I would have plenty of space and time to react and adjust accordingly.

Anyway I don't think this would be classed as filtering as I didn't pass any cars, I pulled up beside a car, so not illegal I'm afraid!

Nice try linford. Not quite as amusing as hippo, but nice try :evil::biggrin:

Looking at it again, I'll happily stand corrected as I interpreted it as you passing in front of the car. As stated in the first post, not a dig, just an observation.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

linfordlunchbox said:
Looking at it again, I'll happily stand corrected as I interpreted it as you passing in front of the car. As stated in the first post, not a dig, just an observation.

I didn't pass the car, the car remained on my right hand side. Remember my camera does not have a 180 degree field of view so you can't see the car when I am beside it. If you can see the car when my head is facing forward then it is ahead of me.

(looking it up the camera has a 3.6mm lens which provides 72 degree visual field so to my left you can see 36 degrees not 90 degrees which would be required to see something next to me.)

Listen to the video, you can hear the car accelerate at the same time as me.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Can you finish the sentence 'Your wrong....'

Ok then. Your wrong muppet.

I will admit when I am wrong if I am wrong but, in this case, I am not!

So the bounce of the car as the front right wheel comes off the car does not suggest that you are wrong then?

I don't follow what you mean by this 'What a very strange reaction, waiting for the car to come back!' Please expand on this and I will answer your point. If you did not wait, please explain:-

I think I understand this now (despite your very poor explanation) You think I waited until the car came around to see it pass again. No I did not. As I mention in the video I was turning right at this junction, into the side street. That is the street he goes down. I follow and I see him turn right and then in the distance as I continue to cycle, in my direction, I see him turn right again. I'll admit I assume that he turns right again, but I don't think that is a huge leap to make.

Blimey you have issues don't you mr_hippo. You seem to know a bit about prozac (not everyone would know that it is used for anger management as well as depression). Your not on it yourself are you?

Top Bottom