Angry threats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

Guys,

Just to clarify, at the start of the clip the car was not following me, he just happened to be behind me. After he has driven his car on the pavement (mr hippo, a car has 4 wheels, so when I said both wheels were on the pavement that meant the front two! :angry:) and at me, he then went down a side street to loop back around to carry on in his original direction. I think a few folk may have got the wrong end of the stick and thought he was following me.

I think he only noticed the camera at the end, just before he drove off.

Mr_hippo, you really are quite funny! You would class my questions in the videos as screams :angry::laugh::evil:

Tell you what Mr hippo, I'll start taking the prozac if you stop taking the hallucinogenic mushrooms! :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

BentMikey said:
This message is hidden because mr_hippo is on your ignore list.

It's certainly an option Mike, but I actually find Mr_hippos posts mildly entertaining. Not quite up to bonj standard (his early days standard) but none the less entertaining!

yello

I do think there was something in your voice that suggested you were anticipating a problem magnatom. I thought it at the time and I watched the video again just to check. That's not a criticism, it's actually more of a statement of the bleedin' obvious! I think it completely natural; we would all wonder what the problem was if we were tooted! Maybe your anticipation of a problem was conveyed in your voice, your posture too maybe. I dunno. Maybe that's what mr_hippo is referring to... maybe...

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Unfortunately that does seem to be the way some people interpret Magnatom's voice and mood. Sorry mate, but I can see why they think that, although I'm sure you're calm and happy on the inside most of the time.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Guys, I've shown the clip to a few folk up here and everyone I have shown it to agrees that there is no hint of anger in my voice. My voice is only raised to be heard above the traffic. Might be the accent.

Of course, even if I shouted angrily, it would not justify his response.

yello

magnatom said:
Of course, even if I shouted angrily, it would not justify his response.

No, agreed, absolutely.

Perception is a very personal thing. Maybe it's the accent, maybe I'm reading 'conflict' into the situation and hearing what I expect to hear.

As an aside, various studies have been carried out into the perception of different accents. Businesses often refer to such studies when deciding where to base their call centres. I seem to recall London accents were often viewed with distrust, etc... and Brummies are just depressed! (joke) :angry:

davidtq

Im from right down south (devon), and I didnt hear threat or anger in that (magnatoms) voice...

To me it sounded confused and questioning.

Maybe thats just because my own angry voice is err somewhat more definite...

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
davidtq said:
Im from right down south (devon), and I didnt hear threat or anger in that (magnatoms) voice...

To me it sounded confused and questioning.

Maybe thats just because my own angry voice is err somewhat more definite...

Oooo Arrrr, what you'm tootin' about me 'andsome....:evil:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

I've added a video to my account that shows what happens on my commute after leaving work, right up until and just after the incident. However, as it shows exactly where I park my bike I didn't want to post it publicly. So if anyone is interested in seeing it and confirming that nothing untoward happened before the incident you'll need to make me a friend on youtube.

You can of course dump me as soon as you have looked at the video!:evil:

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
spindrift said:
You're defending aggressive, violent behaviour on the roads hippo.
Where am I defending it? Nowhere!
magnatom said:
Just to clarify, at the start of the clip the car was not following me, he just happened to be behind me. After he has driven his car on the pavement (mr hippo, a car has 4 wheels, so when I said both wheels were on the pavement that meant the front two! :evil:) only one wheel was on the pavement. and at me, he then went down a side street to loop back around to carry on in his original direction. I think a few folk may have got the wrong end of the stick and thought he was following me. What a very strange reaction, waiting for the car to come back!

Maz

Guru
magnatom said:
I never thought my voice or accent would be open to such close scrutiny! :evil:
I can't hear any anger in your voice or accent. You come across as pretty calm in that clip, IMHO.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

No mr_hippo, two wheels were on the pavement. Your wrong. Watch as the car reverses back off of the pavement, you can see a slight bounce as the cars front right wheel comes off the pavement, followed by the left wheel. I look forward to you admitting you were wrong :evil:

I don't follow what you mean by this 'What a very strange reaction, waiting for the car to come back!' Please expand on this and I will answer your point.

LLB

Not a personal dig so don't take it that way magnatom, but you filtered up alongside the silver estate car (toyota ?) on the pedestrian crossing. It is an illegal manouver to do so, so not best practice if you are criticising someone elses on film.

Top Bottom