Any company you refuse to use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Appears few here body swerve corporations because of moral concerns, but many for rather mundane gripes. Says something about the world, and about how Amazob et al can pay less corporation tax than my local chip shop chain, and few really care.
And isn’t it all a bit miserablist?
Maybe we should have a thread about good firms to go to: for most of us, for the most part, we do alright in life with the services around us.
My day: joiner rang to remind me he was coming Tuesday to put right the door he fitted; listened to streamed music in workshop while working till afternoon; rode out to lovely whole food shop to get the week’s veg and seeds etc, chat with owner; rode further to buy fresh Jersey milk from a vending machine in a neighbouring village; called in on the fabricator to see when my brackets and strap hinges will be done - great, skilled guys, busy with work; waved thirty odd times to careful drivers who waited to give me a wide pass on a busy B road stretch; walked the dogs; lights, oven, telly, iPad all working perfectly and fuelled up with power; talks to faraway friends on the phone.

Last edited:
Scottish Power, but unfortunately I’m stuck with them until the end of my contract. They have been utterly useless barstewards since I made the mistake of going for a Smart Meter installation with them. 4 months the saga has gone on for and their customer service is shocking.
Nice pun.
I used to work there and while deregulation had already created a lot of busywork jobs and enriched a lot of middle men, it went sharply downhill as soon as it got bought out by Iberdrola. Another fine advertisement for renationalisation...

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Virgin Media - Goes back to the days of NTL when I had an arguement with one of their reps as he was stood directly under my Sky dish. Then as Virgin, I just couldn't get taken off their junk mail list no matter how many combinations of my name & address I input to their web site.

Zenith Windows and any asociated companies - again due to their repeated junk sales calls. At one point I aparently reduced one of their call centre people to tears with my language (after the fifth call of the day) and her manager got even worse when he made it the sixth!

High street coffee chains - there was a small and very popular independant shop in Felixstowe which went throiugh all manner of hoops to try to change the business classification of their premises to satisfy demand, but the local council just wouldn't budge and they had to close down. One of the major chains moved in to a different premises with the same problem, but just rode roughshod over the council who eventuall;y caved in - closely followed by a second chain who used the firrst as a precedent to get the business classification changed.

mustang1

Guru
Virgin Media - Goes back to the days of NTL when I had an arguement with one of their reps as he was stood directly under my Sky dish. Then as Virgin, I just couldn't get taken off their junk mail list no matter how many combinations of my name & address I input to their web site.

Zenith Windows and any asociated companies - again due to their repeated junk sales calls. At one point I aparently reduced one of their call centre people to tears with my language (after the fifth call of the day) and her manager got even worse when he made it the sixth!

High street coffee chains - there was a small and very popular independant shop in Felixstowe which went throiugh all manner of hoops to try to change the business classification of their premises to satisfy demand, but the local council just wouldn't budge and they had to close down. One of the major chains moved in to a different premises with the same problem, but just rode roughshod over the council who eventuall;y caved in - closely followed by a second chain who used the firrst as a precedent to get the business classification changed.

isnt that a problem with the council rather than the coffee chains?

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
How long have you got? There are loads I avoid for various reasons including not paying taxes and poor customer service. Lucky I'm not a fan of shopping so it' not a massive problem for me. And I don't suppose the organisations I boycott even notice :smile:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Which branch?

Killingbeck - it might not actually say do not steal, but that is the very clear message. Shame they choose to tar every customer rather than employ a couple more staff.

Appears few here body swerve corporations because of moral concerns, but many for rather mundane gripes. Says something about the world, and about how Amazob et al can pay less corporation tax than my local chip shop chain, and few really care.
Maybe we should have a thread about good firms to go to: for most of us, for the most part, we do alright in life with the services around us.
My day: joiner rang to remind me he was coming Tuesday to put right the door he fitted; listened to streamed music in workshop while working till afternoon; rode out to lovely whole food shop to get the week’s veg and seeds etc, chat with owner; rode further to buy fresh Jersey milk from a vending machine in a neighbouring village; called in on the fabricator to see when my brackets and strap hinges will be done - great, skilled guys, busy with work; waved thirty odd times to careful drivers who waited to give me a wide pass on a busy B road stretch; walked the dogs; lights, oven, telly, iPad all working perfectly and fuelled up with power; talks to faraway friends on the phone.

I understand your point, but the fact is that Amazon have customer service nailed and that is a very important factor.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
We refused to buy from any organisation who used the delivery company White Arrow, to deliver their goods. Thankfully they now appear to have vanished. This was after an utter shambles of a delivery with its replacement being just as appalling.
Apple.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
There's always one! :crazy:

Top Bottom